Apr 27, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Sterling expresses to Stiviano that he doesn’t want her posting pictures on Instagram that show her associating with minority men — like Kemp and Dodgers part-owner Magic Johnson. You can read the transcript from Deadspin at this link.
Kemp was asked about Sterling’s purported comments before Sunday’s series finale against the Rockies at Dodger Stadium and summed up this controversy in one simple sentence …
Kemp: “Racism is kind of old.”
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) April 27, 2014
Sterling is old, and his opinions are old, and the world will be better off when he goes away.
Kemp, who likes to be active in Los Angeles, also said he’d find it “tough” to attend a future Clippers game.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)