Apr 27, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Sterling expresses to Stiviano that he doesn’t want her posting pictures on Instagram that show her associating with minority men — like Kemp and Dodgers part-owner Magic Johnson. You can read the transcript from Deadspin at this link.
Kemp was asked about Sterling’s purported comments before Sunday’s series finale against the Rockies at Dodger Stadium and summed up this controversy in one simple sentence …
Kemp: “Racism is kind of old.”
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) April 27, 2014
Sterling is old, and his opinions are old, and the world will be better off when he goes away.
Kemp, who likes to be active in Los Angeles, also said he’d find it “tough” to attend a future Clippers game.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)