Apr 27, 2014, 8:49 AM EDT
It’s all still clicking for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Marco Estrada pitched into the eighth inning, striking out a season-high nine batters, and Khris Davis went yard in the sixth inning for his third home run of the year as the Brew Crew rolled to a 5-3 victory over the Cubs on Saturday at Miller Park.
The game got off on a scary note when Ryan Braun accidentally struck Jean Segura in the face with a bat while doing warmup swings on the dugout steps in the bottom of the first inning, but Segura suffered only a gash and is not expected to need a disabled list stint. Braun then left the game in the ninth inning with an intercostal strain, but it’s considered mild and he shouldn’t be out long.
Brewers closer Francisco Rodriguez closed out Saturday’s win for his MLB-best 11th save.
Milwaukee is 18-6 with baseball’s largest division lead — by far — at 5 1/2 games.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Royals 2, Orioles 3 (10 innings)
Marlins 7, Mets 6 (10 innings)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade (78)