Apr 28, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo hasn’t played in a week due to a sprained left ankle, but the high-priced outfielder is making progress toward returning to the Rangers’ starting lineup.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Choo tested his ankle this afternoon by running sprints from home plate to first base. He’ll be available off the bench tonight and could return to action tomorrow out of the designated hitter spot.
Choo, who signed a seven-year, $130 million deal with the Texas over the winter, is hitting .314/.432/.500 with two home runs and seven RBI through 88 plate appearances this season.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)