Apr 28, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo hasn’t played in a week due to a sprained left ankle, but the high-priced outfielder is making progress toward returning to the Rangers’ starting lineup.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Choo tested his ankle this afternoon by running sprints from home plate to first base. He’ll be available off the bench tonight and could return to action tomorrow out of the designated hitter spot.
Choo, who signed a seven-year, $130 million deal with the Texas over the winter, is hitting .314/.432/.500 with two home runs and seven RBI through 88 plate appearances this season.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)