Apr 28, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo hasn’t played in a week due to a sprained left ankle, but the high-priced outfielder is making progress toward returning to the Rangers’ starting lineup.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Choo tested his ankle this afternoon by running sprints from home plate to first base. He’ll be available off the bench tonight and could return to action tomorrow out of the designated hitter spot.
Choo, who signed a seven-year, $130 million deal with the Texas over the winter, is hitting .314/.432/.500 with two home runs and seven RBI through 88 plate appearances this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)