Apr 28, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo hasn’t played in a week due to a sprained left ankle, but the high-priced outfielder is making progress toward returning to the Rangers’ starting lineup.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Choo tested his ankle this afternoon by running sprints from home plate to first base. He’ll be available off the bench tonight and could return to action tomorrow out of the designated hitter spot.
Choo, who signed a seven-year, $130 million deal with the Texas over the winter, is hitting .314/.432/.500 with two home runs and seven RBI through 88 plate appearances this season.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 7
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)