Feb 26, 2015, 1:19 PM EST
Wainwright has been diagnosed with an abdominal strain.
Feb 24, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
Wainwright is already behind his normal throwing schedule because of the elbow surgery.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 PM EST
Most major league teams open spring training in just two weeks, yet right-hander James Shields remains unsigned …
Jan 30, 2015, 11:21 AM EST
“Operation Foul Ball” was actually a thing.
Jan 21, 2015, 7:05 PM EST
Jason Marquis struggled in 2014 with the Phillies’ Triple-A team and posted a rough 4.05 ERA (84 ERA+) and 1.52 WHIP across 117 2/3 innings with the Padres in 2013.
Jan 19, 2015, 8:02 AM EST
Many awards were handed out at the 57th annual St. Louis BBWAA Dinner on Sunday night, but it was an informal one from Bud Selig that really stood out.
Jan 17, 2015, 12:45 PM EST
Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright played catch yesterday for the first time since undergoing surgery in October to repair damaged cartilage in his right elbow.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
Could the Cardinals be gearing up for a big late-offseason splash?
Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Nov 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
In the least-surprising result of this award season, Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw has been named the 2014 Cy Young Award winner in the National League by the Baseball Writers Association of America. It was a unanimous vote — the first since Tigers righty Justin Verlander won unanimously in 2011.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 24, 2014, 4:23 PM EST
Earlier this week the Cardinals insisted there was nothing wrong with Adam Wainwright’s elbow and he wouldn’t require surgery.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 20, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Cardinals expect that Wainwright will benefit from normal rest during the offseason.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
The Giants are headed to the World Series for the third time in the past five seasons.
Oct 16, 2014, 10:44 PM EST
We have a brand new ballgame in San Francisco.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Game 5 of the NLCS has already been a wild, seesaw affair.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:02 PM EST
The Cardinals are one loss away from elimination, but they have grabbed an early lead in Game 5 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Yadier Molina hasn’t played since suffering a left oblique strain in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants on Sunday.
Oct 16, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Adam Wainwright vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:40 AM EST
It’s do or die time for Mike Matheny and the Cardinals.
Oct 16, 2014, 12:03 AM EST
Madison Bumgarner — the hottest starting pitcher remaining in this postseason — can pitch the Giants to the 2014 World Series with a victory in Game 5 of the NLCS on Thursday night in San Francisco.
Oct 15, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
There was a tone of optimism in the veteran’s voice after he completed a successful bullpen session Wednesday afternoon at San Francisco’s AT&T Park.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
No pitcher has worked more over the past three season than Adam Wainwright.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:59 AM EST
It’s better than being down 0-2, but…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (123)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)