Mar 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright looked good in his first start of the spring after dealing with an abdominal strain.
Mar 21, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Joey Terdoslavich turned an abnormal double play Saturday against the Cardinals.
Mar 19, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Get ready for fun overload.
Mar 18, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
The Cardinals have advanced to the NLCS in nine of the last 15 seasons — 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Can this 2015 group follow in those footsteps?
Mar 17, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Shortly after arriving at camp last month Wainwright headed back to St. Louis to be examined by specialists.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Just ask them. They’ll tell you so.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:19 PM EDT
Wainwright has been diagnosed with an abdominal strain.
Feb 24, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
Wainwright is already behind his normal throwing schedule because of the elbow surgery.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Most major league teams open spring training in just two weeks, yet right-hander James Shields remains unsigned …
Jan 30, 2015, 11:21 AM EDT
“Operation Foul Ball” was actually a thing.
Jan 21, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Jason Marquis struggled in 2014 with the Phillies’ Triple-A team and posted a rough 4.05 ERA (84 ERA+) and 1.52 WHIP across 117 2/3 innings with the Padres in 2013.
Jan 19, 2015, 8:02 AM EDT
Many awards were handed out at the 57th annual St. Louis BBWAA Dinner on Sunday night, but it was an informal one from Bud Selig that really stood out.
Jan 17, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright played catch yesterday for the first time since undergoing surgery in October to repair damaged cartilage in his right elbow.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
Could the Cardinals be gearing up for a big late-offseason splash?
Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Nov 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
In the least-surprising result of this award season, Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw has been named the 2014 Cy Young Award winner in the National League by the Baseball Writers Association of America. It was a unanimous vote — the first since Tigers righty Justin Verlander won unanimously in 2011.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 24, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
Earlier this week the Cardinals insisted there was nothing wrong with Adam Wainwright’s elbow and he wouldn’t require surgery.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 20, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
The Cardinals expect that Wainwright will benefit from normal rest during the offseason.
Oct 16, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Giants are headed to the World Series for the third time in the past five seasons.
Oct 16, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
We have a brand new ballgame in San Francisco.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Game 5 of the NLCS has already been a wild, seesaw affair.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Cardinals are one loss away from elimination, but they have grabbed an early lead in Game 5 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 16, 2014, 7:09 PM EDT
Yadier Molina hasn’t played since suffering a left oblique strain in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants on Sunday.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)