Aug 30, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
Your box scores and AP recaps from Saturday …
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 24, 2015, 6:21 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion and the Blue Jays bash their way back into first place.
Aug 23, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Congratulations are in order for Adrian Beltre, who just became the all-time MLB games played leader among natives of the Dominican Republic when he stepped to bat in the top of the first inning Sunday afternoon in Detroit.
Aug 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre has the numbers. But does he have the “fame?”
Aug 15, 2015, 12:00 AM EDT
Matt Kemp completed the first cycle in Padres history.
Aug 7, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
The Rangers are adding a right-handed power bat in Mike Napoli, something they were sorely lacking.
Aug 4, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
A few weeks ago I had no idea what an Adonis Garcia even was.
Aug 3, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre hit for the cycle tonight against the Astros. And he needed just five innings to do it.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner was upset Delino DeShields was upset.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:08 PM EDT
Beltre is batting .250 with one home run and a .618 OPS over 21 games since returning from the disabled list.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
He was likely not smiling when he discovered the theft.
Jun 30, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Gallo played 25 games in his first taste of the big leagues.
Jun 27, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
Gallo has never played center field before. That’s about to change.
Jun 23, 2015, 7:07 PM EDT
A report from late last week stated that Beltre, who landed on the disabled list June 2 with a sprained left thumb, was still unable to swing a bat. But he’s clearly made swift progress over the last couple of days.
Jun 20, 2015, 10:25 AM EDT
Now that Alex Rodriguez has reached the milestone, who will be next to make it to 3,000 hits?
Jun 15, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
With DeShields out, Joey Gallo is making his first major league start in left field tonight against the Dodgers.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Hamilton had played in just seven games — tallying two homers, two doubles, five runs scored, and five RBI — since officially rejoining Texas on May 25.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:24 PM EDT
Gallo registered a pair of 40-homer seasons in the minor leagues and is now having an immediate impact as Adrian Beltre’s temporary fill-in at third base.
Jun 2, 2015, 8:57 PM EDT
Rangers third base prospect Joey Gallo is making his major league debut on Tuesday night at Globe Life Park and smacked a two-run single in his first major league plate appearance …
Jun 1, 2015, 5:41 PM EDT
In the wake of Adrian Beltre’s thumb injury.
May 31, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Rangers will be without third baseman Adrian Beltre for a couple of weeks at least after he sprained his thumb on Sunday.
May 16, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
With the home run, Cabrera also passed Andres Galarraga for the most home runs by a Venezuelan-born player.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Adrian Beltre humorously sent an invoice to Garrett Richards for the three bats he broke on Friday.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 0
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 67
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)