Aug 26, 2015, 9:26 PM EDT
It is August 26, 2015 and Justin Verlander has a no-hitter going against the Mike Trout-led Angels.
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Aug 18, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
It’s a baseball, man. Let it go.
Aug 18, 2015, 6:51 AM EDT
Other than a pitcher getting a comebacker to the face and a couple of walkoffs, it was kind of a quiet and boring night around MLB.
Aug 17, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
The AL West will be visiting NL Central teams in interleague play in 2016. But the Angels won’t be making a trip to St. Louis.
Aug 14, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
With Kyle Schwarber the Cubs putting the other wild card contenders behind them, we may get some Thunderdome races in the NL East and West: Two teams enter, one team leaves.
Aug 10, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
The Blue Jays sweep the Yankees, Buck Showalter leaves me scratching my head and I get to use the word “boner” for an actual baseball purpose.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
The Astros regain the lead in the AL West by taking another one from the Angels.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A monster day for the young — Mike Trout — and for the old — David Ortiz.
Jul 26, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Mike Trout: still good at baseball.
Jul 26, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Future Hall of Famer Albert Pujols joins yet another elite group.
Jul 21, 2015, 7:51 PM EDT
Albert Pujols was initially going to get a night off Tuesday against the visiting Twins, but the Angels didn’t want to play a game against a contending team with a combined 57 home runs sitting on the bench.
Jul 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Monday he moved past Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt for 15th place on the all-time home run list.
Jul 21, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
Albert Pujols hit three homers in the Angels doubleheader, passing Mike Trout for the AL lead and passing Mike Schmidt on the all-time list.
Jul 18, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Tigers outfielder J.D. Martinez got it done in the field and at the plate in last night’s win over the Orioles.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:09 PM EDT
Mike Trout hustled to first to foil a would-be double play and then came around to score.
Jul 14, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
First pitch is 8:15. Here is everything you need to know.
Jul 13, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
The hometown hero does it!
Jul 13, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Some interesting choices by managers Ned Yost and Bruce Bochy.
Jul 10, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
The home town guy is the man to beat in the eyes of the oddsmakers.
Jul 8, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
The participants in the 2015 MLB Home Run Derby are being revealed live on Sportscenter at 6 p.m. ET. We’ll list all of the names here as they come out …
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jul 7, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Albert Pujols will participate in the 2015 Home Run Derby. It will be his fourth career appearance in the Derby.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)