Mar 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
The Daily News is gonna Daily News
Mar 2, 2015, 6:29 PM EST
After facing a pitching machine during an intrasquad game today, Alex Rodriguez is ready for his first real-live game action since September of 2013.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:10 PM EST
Chase Headley is expected to be the team’s regular third baseman this season, so Yankees manager Joe Girardi wants if Rodriguez can be a potential backup to Mark Teixeira.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
Shame on A-Rod for making the reporters obsess about him.
Feb 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez is due $30 million in marketing bonuses from the Yankees for reaching certain milestone markers between career home runs 660 and 763 — 763 being the all-time home run record.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EST
Either that or teams’ memo distribution system is horribly out of whack.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:35 AM EST
And he’s not going to sit in judgment of someone. Because he does not believe it is his job to do so. Imagine.
Feb 24, 2015, 4:40 PM EST
We should probably start a “Dumb A-Rod Quote of the Day” feature around here, because they’re coming every single day.
Feb 23, 2015, 8:29 PM EST
Because of course.
Feb 23, 2015, 4:52 PM EST
As if it matters in any way, shape or form.
Feb 23, 2015, 2:37 PM EST
Because everything he does bothers someone.
Feb 20, 2015, 9:59 AM EST
I know you’re sick of A-Rod stories, but I’m sorry, when someone refrains from calling him the antichrist, that’s news.
Feb 20, 2015, 8:48 AM EST
He served his time and is trying to be a better citizen. But he still doesn’t think he endangered anyone by driving 105 m.p.h. on an urban freeway.
Feb 19, 2015, 8:34 AM EST
At least one columnist thinks that’d have been a good deal. What say you?
Feb 18, 2015, 2:56 PM EST
I’d never expect a reasoned or measured response from Mike Lupica. But you’d think he’d at least aspire to basic human decency.
Feb 18, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
This defense seems to work for Andy Pettitte when it does not work for any other PED guy.
Feb 18, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
That’s not about cheating in baseball. Not by damn sight.
Feb 18, 2015, 6:47 AM EST
A newspaper which has won 34 Pulitzer Prizes turns to wholly discredited pseudoscience.
Feb 17, 2015, 1:18 PM EST
There. Now that’s all done and we can move on.
Feb 17, 2015, 7:50 AM EST
Who was the first big leaguer younger than you? Who was — or will be — the last one older than you?
Feb 16, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
To hit him with a crow bar or something, I’m sure! Because he’s A-Rod and he’s evil and . . . oh well, you know how this goes by now.
Feb 16, 2015, 12:42 PM EST
On this date 11 years ago the Rangers traded Alex Rodriguez to the Yankees in exchange for Alfonso Soriano and Joaquin Arias.
Feb 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Alex Rodriguez met with members of the Yankees braintrust this week in attempt to clear the air for the drama over the past couple of years. Assuming the next step on his make-good campaign is an apology press conference, the Yankees have offered up Yankee Stadium as a venue.
Feb 13, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Andrew McCutchen wrote an excellent article explaining how baseball is disadvantageous to kids from lower-income communities.
Feb 11, 2015, 9:53 AM EST
The Daily News informs us about the importance of sticking to reality.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)