Mar 5, 2015, 2:52 PM EST
Chrome. No, not just the trim. The whole dang car is chrome.
Jan 17, 2015, 9:25 AM EST
The Tigers have been connected to free agent starters Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Reds get a left fielder. The Phillies unload at least part of a contract.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
Is anyone chasing Max Scherzer right now?
Dec 11, 2014, 11:49 AM EST
Cincinnati is open for business.
Dec 11, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Latos will be a free agent next offseason and is coming off an injury wrecked year.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 13, 2014, 3:42 PM EST
Tyler Clippard of the Nationals, Alfredo Simon of the Reds, and Tim Hudson of the Giants have been added to the National League roster for Tuesday night’s 2014 MLB All-Star Game in Minneapolis.
Jun 19, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Moving Simon to the rotation wasn’t a gigantic gamble, but it is one that is paying off quite nicely for the Reds.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 8, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
The Reds could get Mat Latos back later this week if all goes well in Monday’s rehab start with Triple-A Louisville.
Jun 8, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Ryne Sandberg doesn’t know what to make of the home plate rules after different umpires have interpreted the rules differently over the course of the season.
May 17, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Six shutouts last night. Two of the pitcher variety. Where has all the offense gone?
Apr 24, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
The alleged incident took place last April while the Reds were in Washington, D.C.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EST
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 12, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
Reds right-hander Mat Latos had another setback in a bullpen session Friday.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EST
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Jan 17, 2014, 8:55 PM EST
The Reds avoided arbitration with starter Mike Leake and relievers Sam LeCure and Alfredo Simon earlier today, but were not able to do so with starter Homer Bailey and flame-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman. As a guest on The C Dot Show earlier, Reds vice president Bob Miller (who handles the arbitration cases for the club)…
Aug 20, 2013, 8:41 PM EST
Reds starter Tony Cingrani left Tuesday’s game against the Diamondbacks in the top of the fourth inning with what is being called a lower back strain. The 24-year-old left-hander allowed one run on two hits and a walk before being lifted with two outs in the fourth. Alfredo Simon entered in relief. A lower back…
Jun 2, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Dusty Baker is one of many managers across baseball who utilizes his bullpen according to the save rule, which means that the closer doesn’t enter the game until his team has a lead between one and three runs in the ninth inning. In this afternoon’s game against the Pirates, the Reds entered the bottom of…
Apr 13, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Bad news for the Reds: Johnny Cueto had to exit the game in the fifth inning with a right arm injury after getting one out in the fifth inning. He left after throwing a warm-up pitch. John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer suggests it might be a triceps injury. The right-hander had held the Pirates to…
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)