Feb 21, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
The Giants offered $5 million more to James Shields than he ultimately wound up signing for with the Padres.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:12 AM EST
The Padres have reportedly signed starter James Shields to a four-year deal in the $72-76 million range.
Feb 7, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
Padres starter Andrew Cashner said he’d “love to stay in San Diego”.
Feb 4, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
Thou shalt not cover thine neighbor’s . . . pitcher?
Dec 9, 2014, 11:13 PM EST
Hahn is coming off an impressive showing as a rookie in which he posted a 3.07 ERA and 70/32 K/BB ratio in 73 1/3 innings across 12 starts and two relief appearances.
Dec 8, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Cashner is from Texas and went to college at TCU
Nov 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Innings will be eaten, no matter where he goes.
Sep 13, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Anthony Rizzo has made progress from his lower back injury and is on track to rejoin the Cubs’ lineup on Monday.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Aug 23, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
The Padres activated Andrew Cashner from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll make the start Saturday night against the Diamondbacks.
Aug 19, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
Before being shut down Cashner had a 2.36 ERA in 12 starts.
Aug 9, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Padres right-hander Andrew Cashner has been sidelined since June 23 with right shoulder soreness.
Aug 5, 2014, 7:08 PM EST
From Jeff Sanders of the San Diego Union-Tribune comes word that Padres right-hander Andrew Cashner has been cleared to begin a minor league rehab assignment this Friday with the High-A Lake Elsinore Storm.
Jul 20, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Anthony Rizzo made a great catch on Sunday, and also allowed us to brush up on rule 7.04(c).
Jul 5, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Darwin Barney is feeling a little lonely in the Cubs’ clubhouse these days.
Jun 24, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
Not all Cubans are surefire prospects. Odrisamer Despaigne certainly isn’t. But he had himself a whale of a game last night.
Jun 24, 2014, 6:44 AM EST
Two guys had multiple homer games last night. Four teams got shutout. Just another night in the all-or-nothing age of Major League Baseball
Jun 23, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Padres aren’t taking any chances with someone who could be a valuable trade chip.
Jun 23, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Elbows, shoulders. It’s always something with pitchers.
Jun 21, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
Padres general manager Josh Byrnes could pay the price for the team’s disappointing start to the season.
Jun 7, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Andrew Cashner spent more than four weeks on the disabled list but will finally make his return in time for tonight’s start against the Nationals.
Jun 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
A man who had his elbow examined and . . . survived!
Jun 2, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Out since May 13, Andrew Cashner reported no issues with his elbow during a simulated game today. He could start against the Nationals this weekend.
May 31, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
There has been plenty of frustration on the fans’ side of things in regard to the delays with the Wrigley Field renovations, but the players are also unhappy.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)