May 21, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Outside of Bryce Harper’s ejection, there were really no exciting doings in Major League Baseball last night. So let’s talk about “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
May 19, 2015, 6:10 AM EDT
Not a full schedule yesterday but all but one game was decided by one run. And Josh Donaldson probably needs to have his mouth washed out with Lifebuoy.
May 18, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The first night of the Dan Jennings experiment ended in a loss.
May 17, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
Phillies third base prospect Maikel Franco launched his first career major league home run Sunday afternoon against Diamondbacks right-hander Randall Delgado.
May 17, 2015, 9:17 AM EDT
Yasmany Tomas of the Diamondbacks finally went yard Saturday in his 23rd major league game …
May 16, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
Jansen tied a major league record in his season debut.
May 15, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Addison Reed is out as the closer for the Diamondbacks after blowing Wednesday’s save by serving up a grand slam.
May 14, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
The Padres are hopeful that Myers will only have to miss three or four days.
May 13, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Watch as Nationals outfielder Michael Taylor put Washington on top for good Wednesday afternoon with this super-clutch ninth-inning grand slam off Diamondbacks right-hander Addison Reed …
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 13, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Clint Robinson, relief ace.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
May 11, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
Archie Bradley will soon make his first start since getting hit with a line drive. He’ll face the Phillies on Saturday.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 28, 2015, 10:38 PM EDT
Frightening moment at Chase Field in Arizona …
Apr 27, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks are reportedly among the potential landing spots for Saltalamacchia.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
The Dodgers’ infielder-without-a-position is among the league leaders in HR and RBI, yet he’s only started three games and has only made 20 plate appearances.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Apr 21, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
The 32-year-old is a .259/.313/.350 career hitter in 1,350 plate appearances at the major league level. He’ll give Arizona organizational depth at third base while Jake Lamb nurses a foot injury.
Apr 21, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
Tomas began the season at Triple-A.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s safe to say that nobody would have guessed this one.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)