Feb 28, 2015, 10:40 PM EST
The Diamondbacks want Yasmany Tomas to get as many at-bats as possible during spring training, so he’ll be starting at both third base and in the outfield.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Cedeno had a brief stint in the majors last season with the Phillies.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:49 AM EST
It’s still early, but …
Feb 24, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
You might say Cahill’s delivery is in The Best Shape Of Its Life.
Feb 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
Mat Latos thinks a veteran presence can tie a young team together and pointed to the 2012 and ’13 Reds teams as examples.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 20, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
He hasn’t officially retired yet.
Feb 19, 2015, 3:02 PM EST
The Dbacks’ 1B-OF will make $6.9 million in 2015.
Feb 17, 2015, 9:04 PM EST
Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas commanded a $68.5 million contract from the Diamondbacks in November and Yoan Moncada has been drawing most of the headlines lately, but Hector Olivera appears poised to beat his fellow countrymen at the signing table.
Feb 13, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
Reed was acquired by Arizona’s previous front office regime, which overvalued his save totals in Chicago.
Feb 10, 2015, 2:54 PM EST
$68.5 million investment learning a new position.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Despite losing Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester, and Jason Hammel, the Athletics do not have a deficit of starting pitching, and they figure to get two more back from the disabled list in June.
Feb 5, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
Ziegler underwent microfracture knee surgery in September.
Feb 3, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
Nolan Reimold spent the first five years of his major league career in Baltimore. And now he’s headed back there for the 2015 season, according to MASN beat reporter Roch Kubatko …
Feb 2, 2015, 2:50 PM EST
Laird spent the past two seasons in Atlanta.
Jan 23, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
The Indians are considering bringing Nolan Reimold on board.
Jan 22, 2015, 12:14 AM EST
Here’s a pretty cool behind-the-scenes look at Yasmany Tomas’ first workout with the Diamondbacks on Wednesday at the organization’s Salt River Fields complex near Scottsdale, Arizona …
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 12, 2015, 6:35 PM EST
Prieto, who is from Cuba, served in the same capacity with the Athletics over the past three seasons and helped with Yoenis Cespedes’ transition to the United States. He should work closely with Yasmany Tomas this year.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:48 AM EST
The Diamondbacks have asked the Cubs about Welington Castillo and the Blue Jays about Dioner Navarro, but general manager Dave Stewart says the club isn’t making much progress in trade talks.
Jan 8, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched in the majors since undergoing Tommy John surgery in April of 2013.
Jan 7, 2015, 12:51 PM EST
Oakland cut Punto despite owing him $2.75 million for 2015.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:08 AM EST
The Diamondbacks ensured they would have infield versatility in 2015, avoiding arbitration with Cliff Pennington for $3.275 million.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (73)