Mar 5, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Why hasn’t Ethier been traded yet?
Mar 4, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
Mar 1, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes could see himself wearing a Tigers uniform for many years.
Feb 28, 2015, 4:19 PM EST
After trading the likes of Justin Upton, Jason Heyward, and Evan Gattis as well as adding a handful of veteran free agents, the Braves have a ton of new faces in camp this spring.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
Eury Perez is the early favorite to take over in center field while Melvin Upton recovers from a foot injury.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Because he wasn’t dominant enough as it was.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:49 PM EST
Braves outfielder Nick Markakis recently expressed frustration about how contract talks with the Orioles broke down over the winter.
Feb 25, 2015, 6:13 PM EST
Markakis needed fusion surgery for a herniated disk in his neck two weeks after signing a four-year, $44 million free agent contract with the Braves. So of course the Orioles’ reluctance to sign him was about his neck.
Feb 23, 2015, 12:16 PM EST
“B.J.” stood for Bossman Junior.
Feb 22, 2015, 11:20 PM EST
It doesn’t come as any surprise that Julio Teheran will likely be toeing the slab for the Braves on Opening Day.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 21, 2015, 12:35 PM EST
Beachy is currently working his way back from the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Feb 20, 2015, 12:48 PM EST
Atlanta submitted a $5.1 million salary for the 27-year-old left-hander.
Feb 13, 2015, 4:03 PM EST
Young was non-tendered by the Mets in December.
Feb 12, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
A tough break for a promising young arm.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:02 PM EST
Veras is the fifth veteran reliever that new GM John Hart has added to the mix since the start of the offseason.
Feb 10, 2015, 4:46 PM EST
Capps was a closer for the Pirates, Nationals, and Twins, totaling 137 saves from 2007-2012.
Feb 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Danny Espinosa will bat right-handed exclusively in 2015.
Feb 4, 2015, 11:21 PM EST
Minor, 27, is arbitration-eligible for the second time in his career. He asked for a salary of $5.6 million and the Atlanta front office offered him $5.1 million when figures were exchanged on January 16.
Feb 4, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
As first reported by Ben Nicholson-Smith at Sportsnet, the Blue Jays have traded 25-year-old left-hander Tyler Ybarra to the Rockies in exchange for 22-year-old lefty Jayson Aquino.
Feb 2, 2015, 2:50 PM EST
Laird spent the past two seasons in Atlanta.
Feb 2, 2015, 2:35 PM EST
But what about . . . shenanigans?
Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EST
The Braves may have pawned off many of their productive players, but Freddie Freeman still thinks they’ll compete in 2015.
Jan 30, 2015, 4:10 PM EST
A couple of pitchers who don’t profile well in a hitters’ environment for a couple of catchers who have shown a little at the plate. Advantage: Braves.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:21 PM EST
Beachy is currently 10 months removed from the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 119
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (118)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)