Feb 23, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
“B.J.” stood for Bossman Junior.
Jan 20, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
MLB.com beat writer Mark Bowman reports that the Braves are in pursuit of free agent Jonny Gomes as a potential left-field platoon mate with Zolio Almonte.
Dec 30, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
Of course, hilarious is an improvement over the past two seasons of B.J. Upton.
In which someone describes A-Rod, B.J. Upton and Ryan Howard as potential offensive options for a team
Dec 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
This needs to happen, people.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
A change in direction doesn’t bother Braves president John Hart.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Gonna change B.J. Upton’s name to “poison pill”
Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Could that make this man their left fielder? And if so, are there enough antacids in the world for me to endure it?
Sep 26, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
B.J. Upton claimed an ignominious Braves record with a second-inning strikeout on Friday night.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
The Braves cratered this year. Someone had to take the fall.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
It looks like Frank Wren is gonna take the fall for the Braves’ collapse.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
The Braves have wilted down the stretch and it appears that some changes could be in store for their front office following the season.
Aug 23, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Bob Nightengale reports that the Braves and Cubs nearly swapped beleaguered, expensive players in B.J. Upton and Edwin Jackson, but it never materialized.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
Aaron Harang was far from dominant and Andrelton Simmons made a rare pair of bad errors at shortstop, but the Braves produced 10 runs on 14 hits Saturday to beat the Diamondbacks. It was the ninth win in a row for Atlanta — the top dog in the National League East by 1 1/2 games.
Jun 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
He’s day-to-day. At least that’s what the Braves hope.
Play of the Day: Phillies broadcaster Tom McCarthy catches Freddie Freeman’s home run in the center field seats
Jun 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
Tom McCarthy was the unlikely recipient of a Freddie Freeman home run ball while broadcasting from center field.
Jun 18, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Marlins catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia has been activated from the disabled list after missing a little over two weeks with a concussion. He will catch Andrew Heaney on Thursday in the 23-year-old top prospect’s major league debut.
Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He’s a catcher. And Evan Gattis’ bat is essential. So that would make Gattis an outfielder. At least in name.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
Apr 27, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Reds manager Bryan Price made the right call in challenging a first-inning ruling by the first base umpire, but was punished in several ways.
Apr 25, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
Worst case scenario: he’ll see his strikeouts as clearly as we all do.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (117)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)