Feb 27, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
For the second time this offseason, the Athletics have claimed Alex Hassan off waivers.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:36 PM EST
Chris Davis will get some work in the outfield this spring. He hasn’t played there since 2012.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
If he’s called up to the majors Santana will get $2.5 million in guaranteed money.
Feb 26, 2015, 6:06 PM EST
Santana hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2012 due to injury.
Feb 23, 2015, 10:49 AM EST
It helps that he got $5 million by losing.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 21, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
De Aza will make a $5 million salary in 2015.
Feb 20, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
Saunders was terrible for the Mariners in 2013, posting a 5.26 ERA in 183 innings.
Feb 19, 2015, 10:17 PM EST
Saunders previously pitched for the Seattle in 2013 and posted an ugly 5.26 ERA and 107/61 K/BB ratio across 183 innings.
Feb 14, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
J.J. Hardy wanted to stay in Baltimore and would have signed an extension sooner if it had been entirely up to him.
Feb 14, 2015, 3:35 PM EST
Davis was one of the biggest victims of increased shifting around MLB last season. He wants to be better prepared this year.
Feb 4, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Orioles have avoided arbitration with closer Zach Britton by agreeing to a one-year deal.
Feb 3, 2015, 7:47 PM EST
Gonzalez asked the Orioles for $3.95 million and was offered $2.5 million when arbitration figures were exchanged on January 16.
Feb 2, 2015, 5:38 PM EST
He’s a 30-year-old career .247 hitter with a .633 OPS.
Feb 2, 2015, 10:19 AM EST
Jimenez had a 4.85 ERA in 125 innings for the Orioles and dating back to 2011 he has a 4.52 ERA in 673 total innings.
Jan 31, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
The Rays added some depth, signing reliever Ronald Belisario on Saturday. It appears they’ll be adding infielder Alexi Casilla as well.
Jan 31, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
Baxter appeared in four games with the Dodgers last season and owns a .225/.331/.342 batting line in the majors. He’ll always be aces with Mets fans, though.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:05 PM EST
Orioles slugger Chris Davis was on hand for the team’s annual FanFest today and opened up about the 25-game Adderall suspension which put an end to his disappointing 2014 campaign and left him on the sidelines during the playoffs.
Jan 30, 2015, 4:26 PM EST
He hit .293 with 21 homers and a .930 OPS in 102 games last season, topping 200 plate appearances for the first time at age 31.
Jan 27, 2015, 6:19 PM EST
The Orioles have failed in their pursuit of several free agent outfielders this offseason, so they might now be turning to the trade market to fill the need.
Jan 26, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
Norris asked for $10.25 million and the Orioles countered at $7.5 million.
Jan 22, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
He’s not dead yet. Just mostly dead.
Jan 21, 2015, 10:35 PM EST
As first reported by MLB.com’s William Ladson, the Nationals have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with right-handed reliever Evan Meek. The deal also comes with an invitation to spring training.
Jan 21, 2015, 5:13 PM EST
Johnson split last season between the Yankees, Red Sox, and Orioles.
Jan 21, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)