Feb 27, 2015, 10:35 AM EST
Yes, this is mostly just an excuse to post a picture of Bartolo Colon
Feb 17, 2015, 7:50 AM EST
Who was the first big leaguer younger than you? Who was — or will be — the last one older than you?
Feb 14, 2015, 8:59 AM EST
At the start of the offseason, it appeared inevitable that the Mets would move one of their starting pitchers. They are about to go into spring training with all of them.
Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
The Mets still have a few potential takers for starter Dillon Gee. They settled on a $5.3 million salary for the 2015 season on Friday.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
More so than Bartolo Colon and Jon Niese, even.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Too many pitchers, not enough rotation spots.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
With an $11 million salary for next season Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon is apparently out of the Angels’ price range as they try to upgrade the injury wrecked rotation, but Diamondbacks right-hander Trevor Cahill could be an option.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Two of those make sense. And why the Angels didn’t claim him on waivers still doesn’t make sense to me.
Aug 26, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon is eligible to be traded anywhere after clearing revocable waivers and the Angels need rotation help following injuries to Garrett Richards and Tyler Skaggs, but don’t expect the two sides to work out a deal.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 25, 2014, 6:44 PM EST
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon and Astros right-hander Scott Feldman have cleared revocable waivers. Both are now eligible to be traded to any team.
Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Mets turned a rare 5-4-3-2 triple play against the Dodgers in Sunday afternoon’s game.
Aug 23, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
As expected, Bartolo Colon has been placed on revocable waivers by the Mets.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
According to Peter Gammons, the Orioles and Yankees are “claiming everyone” on waivers, which will make it difficult for the Angels to improve their starting rotation after losing Garrett Richards.
Aug 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Carlos Torres will step in for Colon and make the spot start against the Cubs.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 3, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
Colon will hit a milestone if he can reel off a third straight victory this afternoon.
Jose Bautista, Casey Janssen “frustrated” and “disappointed” by Blue Jays’ lack of trade deadline activity
Aug 1, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Toronto was 38-24 and in first place by six games on June 6, but the Blue Jays have gone 22-26 since then and general manager Alex Anthopoulos did nothing at the trade deadline yesterday.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
I never understand the Royals.
Jul 25, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
At age 41 he’s at risk to break down, but Colon has a 2.98 ERA in his last 12 starts with a 62/14 K/BB ratio and .217 opponents’ batting average in 85 innings.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EST
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 286
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (286)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)