Apr 23, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
The Royals were involved in yet more drama. This time it involved the White Sox.
Apr 13, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Not a straight ranking. Rather, a ranking of which Triple-A cities represent the biggest falloff from their major league affiliates.
Apr 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
The Dodgers are expected to add some pitching depth with the signing of Scott Baker to a minor league deal.
Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a host of changes with their front office and their roster, but will it get them over the hump in October?
Feb 21, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
Beachy is currently working his way back from the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Welcome to the future, man.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 PM EDT
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News writes Wednesday that Brett Anderson has increased his flat-ground work to a distance of 160 feet and is aiming to step atop a mound next week in Arizona.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EDT
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Jan 9, 2015, 7:21 PM EDT
Dodgers infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena has been outrighted to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
It took 16 days to finalize, but now it’s final.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Brett Anderson signing should become official at some point next week, at long last.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Anderson was once among the best young left-handers in baseball, but he hasn’t topped 100 innings in a season since 2010.
Dec 7, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The Twins are looking for some more rotation help, and are looking at Ryan Vogelsong and Brett Anderson.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Giants receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. made a ridiculous catch on Sunday Night Football. MLB players reacted to it on Twitter.
Nov 18, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
This is far more civilized than all of that “aggressive” business from earlier today.
Nov 1, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
The Rockies felt $12 million was too high a price to pay for Brett Anderson, so they declined his 2015 club option. They would still like to bring him back, however.
Nov 1, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Anderson missed a big chunk of time this year due to a fractured left index finger and eventually had season-ending back surgery in August, but he was effective for the Rockies when healthy.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 16, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
More than two months after suffering a broken left shoulder socket, Michael Cuddyer has returned to the Rockies’ lineup.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Another short season for a talented but fragile pitcher.
Aug 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Brett Anderson’s season is likely done after he was diagnosed with a bulging disk in his lower back.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Jordan Lyles will return to the Rockies’ starting rotation Wednesday night against the Cubs after missing the past two months with a fractured left middle finger.
Aug 5, 2014, 5:04 PM EDT
And he’ll wear number 9 . . . number 9 . . . number 9 . . . number
Jun 24, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Rockies right-hander Christian Bergman told MLB.com’s Thomas Harding on Monday that his left (non-throwing) hand felt fine 72 hours after being struck by a comebacker in his Friday start against the Brewers. But an MRI has shown otherwise.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (253)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)