Feb 21, 2015, 12:35 PM EST
Beachy is currently working his way back from the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
Welcome to the future, man.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 PM EST
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News writes Wednesday that Brett Anderson has increased his flat-ground work to a distance of 160 feet and is aiming to step atop a mound next week in Arizona.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Jan 9, 2015, 7:21 PM EST
Dodgers infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena has been outrighted to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
It took 16 days to finalize, but now it’s final.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Brett Anderson signing should become official at some point next week, at long last.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
Anderson was once among the best young left-handers in baseball, but he hasn’t topped 100 innings in a season since 2010.
Dec 7, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
The Twins are looking for some more rotation help, and are looking at Ryan Vogelsong and Brett Anderson.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Giants receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. made a ridiculous catch on Sunday Night Football. MLB players reacted to it on Twitter.
Nov 18, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
This is far more civilized than all of that “aggressive” business from earlier today.
Nov 1, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
The Rockies felt $12 million was too high a price to pay for Brett Anderson, so they declined his 2015 club option. They would still like to bring him back, however.
Nov 1, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Anderson missed a big chunk of time this year due to a fractured left index finger and eventually had season-ending back surgery in August, but he was effective for the Rockies when healthy.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 16, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
More than two months after suffering a broken left shoulder socket, Michael Cuddyer has returned to the Rockies’ lineup.
Aug 12, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
Another short season for a talented but fragile pitcher.
Aug 10, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Brett Anderson’s season is likely done after he was diagnosed with a bulging disk in his lower back.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Jordan Lyles will return to the Rockies’ starting rotation Wednesday night against the Cubs after missing the past two months with a fractured left middle finger.
Aug 5, 2014, 5:04 PM EST
And he’ll wear number 9 . . . number 9 . . . number 9 . . . number
Jun 24, 2014, 6:28 PM EST
Rockies right-hander Christian Bergman told MLB.com’s Thomas Harding on Monday that his left (non-throwing) hand felt fine 72 hours after being struck by a comebacker in his Friday start against the Brewers. But an MRI has shown otherwise.
Jun 22, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
Padres left-hander Alex Torres made history in his relief appearance Saturday night against the Giants, becoming the first major league pitcher to wear a padded cap in a game …
Jun 17, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Oakland has placed left-hander Drew Pomeranz on the disabled list with a fractured right (non-pitching) hand, putting on hold what had been a nice season for the former top prospect who’d previously struggled in the majors with the Rockies.
May 28, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Rockies left-hander Brett Anderson hasn’t progressed as quickly as hoped in his recovery from a broken index finger that was supposed to take 4-6 weeks.
Apr 13, 2014, 11:35 PM EST
The Rockies get some bad news about their lefty hurler.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)