Mar 30, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
That Nationals don’t need another injury. But they may have one.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 29, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Nationals reliever Casey Janssen is dealing with more shoulder problems, which could lead to a stint on the disabled list.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons announced Sunday morning in Dunedin, Florida that Brett Cecil will open the 2015 regular season as the team’s closer.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Feb 21, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
Manager Terry Collins believes the Mets have what it takes to get back to the playoffs.
Feb 20, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Hear what a few major leaguers have to say about the new pace of play rules officially announced on Friday.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:31 PM EDT
Belisario was awful for the White Sox last season, allowing 46 runs in 66 innings.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Francisco Rodriguez? Rafael Soriano?
Jan 28, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Janssen saved 81 games from 2012-2014.
Jan 18, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
The Nationals have some interest in free agent reliever Casey Janssen.
Dec 29, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Santos saved 30 games for the White Sox in 2011, but he has struggled to stay healthy ever since.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Blue Jays are considering Andrew Miller as a potential replacement for Casey Janssen.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Jose Bautista, Casey Janssen “frustrated” and “disappointed” by Blue Jays’ lack of trade deadline activity
Aug 1, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Toronto was 38-24 and in first place by six games on June 6, but the Blue Jays have gone 22-26 since then and general manager Alex Anthopoulos did nothing at the trade deadline yesterday.
Jul 26, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
The Blue Jays entered Saturday having lost 17 consecutive games at Yankee Stadium, but they did away with that this afternoon.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
May 12, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Sergio Santos has a 9.00 ERA this season and pitched his way out of the closer mix when Toronto needed a fill-in for the injured Casey Janssen, so it’s no big shock that he’s now headed to the disabled list with right forearm soreness.
May 11, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
From Ben Nicholson-Smith of Canada’s Sportsnet.ca comes word that the Blue Jays have activated closer Casey Janssen off the 15-day disabled list in time for Sunday’s afternoon game against the Angels.
May 3, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Blue Jays will rely on a closer-by-committee after removing Sergio Santos from the closer’s role.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The Twins scored six runs on one hit, eight walks (!) and three wild pitches in the bottom of the eighth inning tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen began a minor-league rehab assignment by throwing a scoreless inning Tuesday at Single-A, but now Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that he’s been “temporarily shutdown” with more back soreness.
Apr 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Jays are a little closer to getting two key players back.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 33
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)