Sep 2, 2015, 8:07 AM EDT
Its like watching a car crash. No, wait: a tricycle accident.
May 22, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
Janssen was signed for $5 million to replace Tyler Clippard as the Nationals’ primary setup man.
Mar 30, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
That Nationals don’t need another injury. But they may have one.
Mar 30, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, but the Blue Jays look like a club that’ll mash the hell out of the ball but have a hard time with run prevention.
Mar 29, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Nationals reliever Casey Janssen is dealing with more shoulder problems, which could lead to a stint on the disabled list.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons announced Sunday morning in Dunedin, Florida that Brett Cecil will open the 2015 regular season as the team’s closer.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Feb 21, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
Manager Terry Collins believes the Mets have what it takes to get back to the playoffs.
Feb 20, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Hear what a few major leaguers have to say about the new pace of play rules officially announced on Friday.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:31 PM EDT
Belisario was awful for the White Sox last season, allowing 46 runs in 66 innings.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Francisco Rodriguez? Rafael Soriano?
Jan 28, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Janssen saved 81 games from 2012-2014.
Jan 18, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
The Nationals have some interest in free agent reliever Casey Janssen.
Dec 29, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Santos saved 30 games for the White Sox in 2011, but he has struggled to stay healthy ever since.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Blue Jays are considering Andrew Miller as a potential replacement for Casey Janssen.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 9, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Casey Janssen blew a save for the Blue Jays last night. Today it was Joe Nathan’s turn.
Jose Bautista, Casey Janssen “frustrated” and “disappointed” by Blue Jays’ lack of trade deadline activity
Aug 1, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Toronto was 38-24 and in first place by six games on June 6, but the Blue Jays have gone 22-26 since then and general manager Alex Anthopoulos did nothing at the trade deadline yesterday.
Jul 26, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
The Blue Jays entered Saturday having lost 17 consecutive games at Yankee Stadium, but they did away with that this afternoon.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
May 12, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Sergio Santos has a 9.00 ERA this season and pitched his way out of the closer mix when Toronto needed a fill-in for the injured Casey Janssen, so it’s no big shock that he’s now headed to the disabled list with right forearm soreness.
May 11, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
From Ben Nicholson-Smith of Canada’s Sportsnet.ca comes word that the Blue Jays have activated closer Casey Janssen off the 15-day disabled list in time for Sunday’s afternoon game against the Angels.
May 3, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Blue Jays will rely on a closer-by-committee after removing Sergio Santos from the closer’s role.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The Twins scored six runs on one hit, eight walks (!) and three wild pitches in the bottom of the eighth inning tonight.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)