Jul 17, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
So much for avoiding the disabled list.
Jul 9, 2015, 5:23 PM EDT
McGehee played for the Marlins last season and was named NL Comeback Player of the Year.
Jun 30, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
He’s making $4.8 million.
Jun 5, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
May 26, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
McGehee and his $4.8 million salary predictably cleared waivers.
May 24, 2015, 2:31 PM EDT
San Francisco acquired Casey McGehee from the Marlins in December to effectively replace Pablo Sandoval at third base, but the 32-year-old woke up Sunday with a brutal .200/.254/.282 batting line and he had tallied just nine RBI in 35 games.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:38 AM EDT
Check out a double-dose of defensive excellence from Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
McGehee suffered the injury after getting out of the batter’s box on a fly out to end the bottom of the first inning.
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Feb 12, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
He asked for $5.4 million and the Giants countered at $4 million.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy’s early lineup construction includes batting Brandon Belt third.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
According to Peter Gammons, some GMs think the Giants will eventually trade for Ben Zobrist.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The Giants reportedly have no plans to attempt to initiate contract talk with free agent Max Scherzer.
Dec 20, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
The Phillies could eye Asdrubal Cabrera as a replacement for Jimmy Rollins.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Giants are looking to solve their third base dilemma with Casey McGehee.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Some trade candidates include Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians, Casey McGehee of the Marlins, and Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox.
Nov 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The Comeback Player of the Year Award: the one award you never want to have to be a candidate for and, if you are, the award you never want to win twice.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:06 AM EDT
Stanton was hit on the left side of his face by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers in the top of the fifth inning.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Jul 22, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
Casey McGehee entered play on Tuesday evening with a batting average (.322) that is 54 points above his career mean (.268) and an RBI total (56) that ranks ninth in the National League. The 31-year-old third baseman fits the mold of a sell-high candidate. But it doesn’t sound like he’s going to be moved.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EDT
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Watch as Marlins third baseman Casey McGehee goes deep to left-center for a first-inning two-run homer off Giants starter Tim Lincecum on Sunday afternoon in Miami …
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)