Sep 3, 2015, 7:55 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw strikes out 15 as the Dodgers sweep the Giants.
Sep 2, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
There’s expected to be an update coming Thursday.
Sep 1, 2015, 6:07 PM EDT
From beat writer Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com …
Sep 1, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Matt Williams wears sunglasses like this so you cannot tell that he is asleep.
Aug 31, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Olt was designated for assignment after the Cubs acquired Austin Jackson from the Mariners.
Aug 31, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
Jackson, an impending free agent, is batting .272/.312/.387 with eight home runs, 38 RBI, and 15 stolen bases over 107 games this season.
Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 30, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Jake Arrieta struck out Chase Utley to complete his first career no-hitter.
Aug 30, 2015, 11:14 PM EDT
Jake Arrieta made history on Sunday night, tossing a no-hitter against the Dodgers.
Aug 30, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
Baez batted just .169/.227/.324 and racked up a whopping 95 strikeouts in 52 games last season for the Cubs, but he’s made great strides with his plate approach this year on the farm and he could slide his way into regular playing time in Chicago if he hits well out of the gate.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:02 AM EDT
Zack Greinke is doing things guys have not done since the Dead Ball era. And I do not mean making scary faces like that.
Aug 27, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Bumgarner also had a heck of a day on the mound.
Aug 27, 2015, 8:38 AM EDT
This is why Starlin Castro does not have the shortstop gig anymore.
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 25, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
A couple of walkoffs and several big, big innings around Major League Baseball last night.
Aug 24, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
The NL Central is scary.
Aug 24, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
With a 19-4 record since late July the Cubs are surging, but now they’ve lost a pair of key players to the disabled list.
Aug 24, 2015, 6:21 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion and the Blue Jays bash their way back into first place.
Aug 23, 2015, 9:09 PM EDT
A fan was struck by a foul ball during Sunday’s game between the Braves and Cubs at Wrigley Field and transferred to a local hospital for further evaluation.
Aug 22, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Nick Swisher homered from both sides of the plate but the Braves still lost to the Cubs on Saturday.
Aug 21, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
Both Texas teams were on the wrong end of one-hit shutouts last night, the Rangers by Alfredo Simon, the Astros by Chris Archer.
Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 19, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Tigers pitcher Daniel Norris went dead center off Jon Lester in his first career at-bat Wednesday …
Aug 18, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
The 33-year-old has been an important presence at the top of the Giants’ lineup this season, batting .302 with a .368 on-base percentage across 338 plate appearances.
Aug 16, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Schwarber, 22, is batting .315/.403/.586 with eight home runs and 27 RBI over his first 33 major league games. And the Cubs hold the longest current winning streak in the majors at nine games.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 105
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (106)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)