Chicago White Sox
Sep 4, 2015, 7:29 AM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez hit two homers for the second straight night.
Aug 31, 2015, 12:09 PM EDT
He’s struggling with free agency right around the corner.
Aug 31, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
He is in the first year of a four-year, $46 million deal.
Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:02 AM EDT
Zack Greinke is doing things guys have not done since the Dead Ball era. And I do not mean making scary faces like that.
Aug 27, 2015, 5:34 PM EDT
Fernandez missed much of the season recovering from Tommy John elbow surgery.
Aug 27, 2015, 7:45 AM EDT
Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips, just a bunch of gibberish, And opposing teams act like they forgot about JV.
Aug 25, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
Bonifacio was pushed off the 40-man roster of the crosstown White Sox on August 16 after batting just .167/.198/.192 with one stolen base in 47 games.
Aug 22, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Chris Sale has made 24 starts this season. He has had double-digit strikeouts in half of them.
Aug 21, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
Both Texas teams were on the wrong end of one-hit shutouts last night, the Rangers by Alfredo Simon, the Astros by Chris Archer.
Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 17, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
Chris Sale was one of many pitchers who shined yesterday.
Aug 16, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Sale has a chance to become the first pitcher to strike out 300 batters in a season since Curt Schilling and Randy Johnson in 2002.
Aug 16, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Schwarber, 22, is batting .315/.403/.586 with eight home runs and 27 RBI over his first 33 major league games. And the Cubs hold the longest current winning streak in the majors at nine games.
Aug 13, 2015, 9:13 AM EDT
Probably not the worst thing Scioscia has been called.
Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
Aug 12, 2015, 7:12 AM EDT
All 15 home teams won yesterday. That has never happened since there have been 30 teams in baseball. Madison Bumgarner pitched fantastically. That happens all the time.
Aug 9, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
So this will be the 16th managerial change in the 22-year history of the Marlins franchise …
Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Luis Severino made his big legaue debut and pitched well but lost. Matt Boyd made his Tigers debut, pitched well and won. There were a bunch of walkoffs too. And what do Ryan Adams and Taylor Swift have to do with any of this?
Aug 5, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Avisail Garcia watched a 3-1 delivery from Brad Boxberger sail outside Wednesday afternoon in Chicago as the White Sox defeated the visiting Rays 6-5 in the bottom of the 10th inning …
Aug 5, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
The Red Sox had a 2-1 lead in the sixth inning of this one. If you were watching, I hope you weren’t the type who falls asleep during the sixth inning.
Aug 4, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
Shaffer, a first-round pick in 2012 out of Clemson University, was sporting an impressive .954 OPS and 16 home runs through 55 games this season at Triple-A Durham.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Aug 1, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
With the White Sox losing in a rout to the Yankees last night, Adam LaRoche got a chance to pitch for the first time in his major league career. And he was pretty good too, retiring the side in order.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:08 PM EDT
It don’t matter if he’s left or right.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)