Chicago White Sox
Apr 21, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
The future is now in Chicago.
Apr 19, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes hit a grand slam and a two-run home run to help the Tigers cruise to a win on Sunday.
Apr 19, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
White Sox pitching prospect Carlos Rodon is expected to be promoted on Monday.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:41 PM EDT
Carrasco was lucky to avoid a serious injury. These reschedulings seem to be completely precautionary.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Jose Abreu or Barbaro Canizares?
Apr 14, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
Frightening scene at Cleveland’s Progressive Field.
Apr 13, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
The product has yet to be formally approved by Major League Baseball.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 12, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
The 26-year-old left-hander finished third in the American League Cy Young Award balloting last season after posting a sensational 2.17 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, and 208/39 K/BB ratio across 174 innings for Chicago.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 10, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for the Starlin Castro rumors to start up again – if that trade speculation ever even stopped.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Lorenzo Cain crashed into the outfield wall to make an excellent running catch against the White Sox this afternoon, but it takes a pretty incredible play for it not to be the best catch of the day. Take it away, Adam Eaton…
Huston Street hired an agent for the first time since 2012 to negotiate an extension with the Angels
Apr 8, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Street saved 17 games with a 1.71 ERA for the Angels after coming over from the Padres in mid-July.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Apr 6, 2015, 11:29 PM EDT
Things got a little tense in Monday’s Opening Day matchup between the White Sox and Royals.
Apr 6, 2015, 6:44 PM EDT
The Royals got a bit of a scare a little while ago, as right-hander Yordano Ventura exited his Opening Day start against the White Sox after going down in a heap after throwing a pitch.
Apr 3, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Rangers power-hitting prospect Joey Gallo will miss a few weeks of action after undergoing heel surgery.
Apr 3, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
David Robertson replaced Mariano Rivera as the Yankees’ closer last season, but now who replaces Robertson?
Apr 3, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Penny didn’t pitch in the majors at all in 2013 and then was horrible in 26 innings for the Marlins last season.
Apr 2, 2015, 8:24 PM EDT
This video might make some of you feel old, but it’s mostly just precious and awesome.
Apr 1, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
As noted by CSNChicago.com’s Dan Hayes, White Sox left-hander Chris Sale struck out 13 batters over six-plus innings of one-run ball Wednesday in a game against a group of Reds minor leaguers.
Mar 31, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Petricka saved 14 games with a 2.96 ERA and 55/33 K/BB ratio in 73 innings last season.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Rodon ranked as a consensus top-20 prospect and has top-of-the-rotation upside, so expect to see him in Chicago by the All-Star break.
Mar 30, 2015, 1:07 PM EDT
Service time manipulation, the depth chart and hacktastic tendencies mean that the future is not quite here for three of the Cubs’ top prospects.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)