Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Because he wasn’t dominant enough as it was.
Feb 21, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Votto addressed continued criticism of his approach upon arriving to Reds camp today in Goodyear, Arizona.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Domonic Brown will have the attention and assistance of Hall of Fame third baseman Mike Schmdit during spring training with the Phillies.
Feb 18, 2015, 12:46 PM EST
He started 23 games with a 3.71 ERA before being shut down in the first season of a $105 million contract extension.
Feb 15, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
The Reds would still like to sign Johnny Cueto to a contract extension, but he won’t negotiate beyond Opening Day.
Feb 13, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
In other news, Marty Brennaman is being silly.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:13 AM EST
The fireballer saved 36 games last year.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 8, 2015, 2:09 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Reds have signed third baseman Todd Frazier to a two-year, $12 million contract. It covers Frazier’s first two years of arbitration-eligibility.
Feb 7, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
After some consideration, Reds GM Walt Jocketty isn’t sure if Dayan Viciedo is a fit for the club.
Feb 7, 2015, 12:49 PM EST
The Reds signed reliever Burke Badenhop to a one-year deal on Saturday, bolstering their bullpen.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Cueto threw a league-leading 244 innings with a 2.25 ERA and league-high 242 strikeouts last season to finish runner-up in the Cy Young balloting to Clayton Kershaw.
Feb 5, 2015, 12:16 PM EST
That means Latos will make $9.4 million in his final season before free agency, rather than the $10.4 million he requested.
Feb 4, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Ludwick will get $1.75 million if he makes the Opening Day roster out of spring training.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Santiago spent last season with the Reds, hitting .246 with a .667 OPS in 75 games.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:22 AM EST
Good luck, Devin.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
Welcome to the future, man.
Jan 26, 2015, 1:18 PM EST
Mesoraco is arbitration eligible for the first time at age 26 and filed for $3.6 million, while the Reds countered at $2.45 million.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:29 AM EST
If you made a trade with St. Louis in the 90s and 2000s, you likely got the bad end of that trade. Because of this guy.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 7, 2015, 10:13 PM EST
Johnny Cueto’s agent Bryce Dixon said last month that his client wouldn’t negotiate an extension with the Reds beyond Opening Day 2015. The right-hander is only 28 years old and has been one of the best starting pitchers in baseball for several seasons …
Jan 2, 2015, 9:45 AM EST
He was non-tendered by the Reds last month.
Dec 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Reds get a left fielder. The Phillies unload at least part of a contract.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Hannahan is coming off a two-year, $4 million deal with the Reds.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)