Jul 29, 2015, 12:19 PM EDT
At least to the extent you can have a bidding “war” over a two-month rental.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Your mileage may vary, but for my money the ugliest game of the year happened last night.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:29 PM EDT
Why, I have no idea.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
General manager Dayton Moore is not messing around.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
The Nationals were reportedly looking at a reunion with Tyler Clippard before the Athletics traded him to the Mets tonight, but there’s a chance they could do something a lot bigger to strengthen the back-end of their bullpen.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Hamstring and calf injuries have limited Victorino to just 33 games this season.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
He’ll face Toronto.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A monster day for the young — Mike Trout — and for the old — David Ortiz.
Jul 26, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Reds ace Johnny Cueto is headed to the Kansas City Royals, per Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
Jul 26, 2015, 10:09 AM EDT
Cueto, a 29-year-old impending free agent, boasts a 2.62 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, and 120/29 K/BB ratio in 130 2/3 innings this season. He’s also been linked to the Orioles, Blue Jays, Yankees, Dodgers, and Astros.
Jul 25, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT
The Padres are aiming high in a trade involving Justin Upton.
Jul 25, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson told reporters Thursday that he has no plans on trading Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard, or Steven Matz. However, it appears that another one of their young guns is on the table in the right deal.
Jul 25, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
Puig reportedly asked the Dodgers about his status after he heard about a rumor which linked him to the Reds.
Jul 23, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
The Pirates acquired veteran third baseman Aramis Ramirez from the Brewers this afternoon, but FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that they aren’t done making moves.
Jul 22, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
He’s allowed just two runs over his last 21 innings.
Jul 21, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
There are no dynasties in baseball anymore. But the Tigers have been a mini-dynasty in the AL Central, having won it for the past four seasons. In the past two weeks, however, their aims have radically changed.
Jul 21, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
Albert Pujols hit three homers in the Angels doubleheader, passing Mike Trout for the AL lead and passing Mike Schmidt on the all-time list.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:18 AM EDT
Tigers president and general manager Dave Dombrowski is prepared to face the upcoming July 31 non-waiver trade deadline from the unfamiliar position of a seller.
Jul 20, 2015, 11:04 PM EDT
We have seen plenty of flashy plays from four-time Gold Glove Award winner Brandon Phillips over the years, but this one might take the cake.
Jul 20, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Fiers, 30, has a 3.79 ERA and 106/40 K/BB ratio over 107 innings this season.
Jul 20, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto and Cole Hamels got roughed up yesterday. It shouldn’t matter all that much.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Zack Greinke was impressive. Even if Bryce Harper wasn’t all that impressed.
Jul 19, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Cueto entered his start Sunday afternoon against the Indians with a 2.73 ERA (140 ERA+), 0.90 WHIP, and 113/22 K/BB ratio in 118 2/3 innings.
Jul 19, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Cincinnati is still feeling some positive vibes from a highly successful week of All-Star festivities, but big business is underway in the executive offices at Great American Ball Park.
Jul 18, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Could Johnny Cueto be the piece the Royals need to get back to the World Series?
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 31
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 49
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)