Jul 1, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
“The most ridiculous no-hitter in baseball history”
Jun 28, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
The Mets may have a couple of suitors for Jon Niese in the Cubs and Dodgers.
Jun 28, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
That’s something you don’t see every day.
Jun 27, 2015, 10:43 AM EDT
The Dodgers signed left-hander Brett Anderson to a one-year, $10 million contract over the winter even though injuries had limited him to a total of 123 innings at the major league level between 2012-2014. It has proven to be a wise gamble thus far.
Jun 23, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
Maikel Franco provides a glimmer of hope for the Phillies in an otherwise dark season.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 17, 2015, 9:19 AM EDT
Just when you think Bill Plaschke couldn’t get any worse, he gets worse.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
Chris Archer becomes first in the modern era with three straight double-digit strikeout, zero-walk starts
Jun 7, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Chris Archer has quietly been one of the best pitchers in baseball, particularly lately.
Jun 7, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig struck out in his first two plate appearances Saturday night against Cardinals starter Jaime Garcia, but the just-activated 24-year-old got it very right the third time around …
Jun 5, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Morgan Ensberg wouldn’t give up much for Phillies ace Cole Hamels.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 21, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Ace vs. Ace. Advantage: Bumgarner.
May 20, 2015, 5:22 PM EDT
Ryu has been one of the league’s most underrated starters since signing with the Dodgers in 2013.
May 16, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a milestone for Clayton Kershaw.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
May 10, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Two of the greatest pitchers of this generation each achieved personal strikeout milestones on Sunday.
May 7, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
*psst! He’s TOTALLY marketable*
May 5, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
An old friend returns to the site of his greatest triumphs.
Apr 12, 2015, 9:34 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw wasn’t his usual dominant self on Opening Day last Monday against the Padres, yielding three earned runs on two walks and six hits over just six innings. And he was even worse in his second turn through the Dodgers’ 2015 rotation.
Apr 11, 2015, 11:33 PM EDT
Diamondbacks top prospect Archie Bradley made his major league debut tonight against the Dodgers and it couldn’t have gone much better.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
One of baseball’s top pitching prospects, Archie Bradley will make his major league debut Saturday night against the Dodgers.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 8, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
It shouldn’t affect his pitching schedule.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)