Feb 20, 2015, 10:19 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw campaigned heavily for the Dodgers to keep A.J. Ellis.
Feb 15, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
The Reds would still like to sign Johnny Cueto to a contract extension, but he won’t negotiate beyond Opening Day.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP balloting last season.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Cueto threw a league-leading 244 innings with a 2.25 ERA and league-high 242 strikeouts last season to finish runner-up in the Cy Young balloting to Clayton Kershaw.
Feb 4, 2015, 9:06 AM EST
Steven Matz is a good pitching prospect. But let’s pump the brakes on the comps here. On all comps, really.
Feb 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EST
Stanton signed a $325 million contract extension in November and has been cleared for all physical activity.
Jan 7, 2015, 10:13 PM EST
Johnny Cueto’s agent Bryce Dixon said last month that his client wouldn’t negotiate an extension with the Reds beyond Opening Day 2015. The right-hander is only 28 years old and has been one of the best starting pitchers in baseball for several seasons …
Dec 30, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
Jeter was third.
Dec 10, 2014, 7:03 PM EST
The Dodgers just traded starting pitcher Dan Haren to the Marlins in a multi-player swap and are now ready to spend some money to fill the vacancy.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 8, 2014, 11:35 AM EST
Ten men are nominated. And we’ll know which of them will make it at 2pm Eastern today.
Dec 3, 2014, 10:38 PM EST
The Cubs, Red Sox, and Giants have been called the finalists for free agent left-hander Jon Lester, but talk of a mystery team has been growing. And now that club has apparently been identified.
Nov 13, 2014, 6:56 PM EST
Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw adds yet more hardware to his mantle.
Nov 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
You may not agree that Kershaw is the NL MVP. But please, follow the rules and consider him.
Nov 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
In the least-surprising result of this award season, Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw has been named the 2014 Cy Young Award winner in the National League by the Baseball Writers Association of America. It was a unanimous vote — the first since Tigers righty Justin Verlander won unanimously in 2011.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 27, 2014, 11:04 AM EST
The second big front-office defection of the offseason for the Dodgers.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
If anyone tells you they know what’s going to happen in the next week they’re lying to you. But let’s try to break this thing down all the same.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 16, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
Game 5 of the NLCS has already been a wild, seesaw affair.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
A lesson from the Umbrella Man of the JFK assassination.
Oct 12, 2014, 12:39 AM EST
After five straight with Grichuk in right, it’s time for the Cardinals to try something different.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)