Apr 25, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
TJ House will start in his place against Detroit.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:41 PM EDT
Carrasco was lucky to avoid a serious injury. These reschedulings seem to be completely precautionary.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
Danny Salazar was optioned to Triple-A after struggling during spring training, but he’ll now get an extended opportunity in Cleveland’s rotation.
Apr 16, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Carlos Carrasco is still recovering from taking a comebacker to the face.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT
Does that count for anything?
Apr 15, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s one lucky duck.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
Frightening scene at Cleveland’s Progressive Field.
Apr 14, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
Brantley played Opening Day, sat out two games, returned for one game Friday, and is now out of the lineup for a third straight game.
Apr 12, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Mariners took Felix Hernandez out of Sunday’s start after five innings for precautionary reasons.
Apr 12, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Cabrera finished the day 4-for-4 with three runs scored and four RBI. He’s batting .520/.586/.840 over his first 29 plate appearances this season and the Tigers are off to a 6-0 start.
Apr 12, 2015, 2:38 PM EDT
Watch as Miguel Cabrera goes way deep Sunday off Indians left-hander T.J. House …
Apr 12, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
Indians catcher Yan Gomes was placed on the disabled list Sunday morning with what was labeled a right knee sprain. Now the exact diagnosis is in, via MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian …
Apr 12, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Gomes, 27, had 21 home runs and 74 RBI in 135 games last season for the Tribe. This is a big loss for a team that has championship aspirations.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:53 PM EDT
Gomes was injured after Tigers outfielder Rajai Davis slid into his leg.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Pitching has been the Tigers’ forte to start the season. They hadn’t allowed an earned run until the sixth inning on Friday against the Indians — their fourth game of the season.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 9, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Bauer was unhittable against the Astros today, but …
Apr 9, 2015, 12:44 PM EDT
Brantley played 156 of 162 games last season on his way to finishing third in the MVP voting.
Apr 9, 2015, 7:04 AM EDT
Six shutouts on Wednesday. Hope your day went better.
Apr 5, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal was first to report that the Indians had reached agreement on a five-year extension with ace starter Corey Kluber and now Rosenthal has the full details of the new deal …
Apr 5, 2015, 1:22 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Tribe are in agreement on a new deal for right-handed starter Carlos Carrasco. Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports says it’s a three-year contract with two club options and will carry around $22 million in guaranteed money.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 65
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)