May 28, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
The 39-year-old Ortiz has just one hit in his last 20 at-bats and is batting an uncharacteristic .216/.303/.377 with six home runs and 18 RBI across his first 43 games this season.
May 20, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Last night Zimmerman hit the 10th walk-off homer of his career.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 8, 2015, 2:32 PM EDT
You tend not to get one-game suspensions reduced on appeal.
May 5, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Speedy trials, my foot.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
Bonus of Tommy John rehab: more time to study for your naturalization test.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Apr 21, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The incident happened on Sunday
Apr 17, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
We want more of this? Really?
Apr 17, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
It’s about the next generation of players.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s a story of exclusivity of a men’s club. And an odd desire for irrational symmetry.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz stepped out of the batter’s box on Opening Day and received a warning letter from Major League Baseball.
Apr 6, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
They’re the seventh team since 1914 to pull off the feat.
Apr 3, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Modest pace-of-play rules? Hiring Rob Manfred? THE ACTS OF DESPERATE MEN WILLING TO STOP AT NOTHING TO KEEP BASEBALL FROM DYING!
Mar 27, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
There is only one reason a player should be tested for drugs as often as David Ortiz claims he has been: a previous positive test.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
In a first-person essay for The Player’s Tribune, Red Sox slugger David Ortiz came out swinging against his critics.
Mar 20, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
And, it appears, some people are upset about this.
Feb 25, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
Specifically, the one about batters having to keep a foot in after each pitch.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
Either that or teams’ memo distribution system is horribly out of whack.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
The new rules make sense and shouldn’t cause too much disruption. And they may actually, you know, speed up the game.
Feb 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Check out what David Ortiz and Robinson Cano think will happen in Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday night.
Jan 11, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Red Sox fans are likely to see Hanley Ramirez cleaning up in the batting order in 2015.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:51 PM EDT
Adam Jones and David Ortiz made a friendly wager on Saturday’s playoff game between the Ravens and Patriots. The loser would make a $5,000 donation to the winner’s charity.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:35 PM EDT
Jon Heyman won’t vote for Mike Piazza or Jeff Bagwell because of rumors and hearsay, but as recently as a year ago he supported David Ortiz despite Big Papi once failing a drug test.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 107
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (107)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)