Feb 25, 2015, 12:32 PM EST
Specifically, the one about batters having to keep a foot in after each pitch.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EST
Either that or teams’ memo distribution system is horribly out of whack.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
The new rules make sense and shouldn’t cause too much disruption. And they may actually, you know, speed up the game.
Feb 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Check out what David Ortiz and Robinson Cano think will happen in Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday night.
Jan 11, 2015, 9:10 PM EST
Red Sox fans are likely to see Hanley Ramirez cleaning up in the batting order in 2015.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:51 PM EST
Adam Jones and David Ortiz made a friendly wager on Saturday’s playoff game between the Ravens and Patriots. The loser would make a $5,000 donation to the winner’s charity.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:35 PM EST
Jon Heyman won’t vote for Mike Piazza or Jeff Bagwell because of rumors and hearsay, but as recently as a year ago he supported David Ortiz despite Big Papi once failing a drug test.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
Thanks for your input, David.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
Ortiz’s symptoms are similar to when he suffered a partial tear of the tendon sheath in his wrist in 2008.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 19, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
David Ortiz found yet another reason to hear his name uttered in the same breath as Ted Williams.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Big Papi took some time yesterday to remind his detractors that, yes, he did deserve that contract extension.
Sep 14, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Royals manager Ned Yost wanted a strikeout, so he brought in Aaron Crow, who has the bullpen’s lowest strikeout rate.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Retirement tours aren’t for David Ortiz. The 38-year-old slugger doesn’t plan to drag out his remaining time in the big leagues.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:37 AM EST
Mike Napoli made an early exit from Saturday’s 4-3 win over the Blue Jays after falling ill and is not in the Red Sox starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale. Allen Craig will start at first base and Yoenis Cespedes will DH.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports on a cool tradition that has taken hold in the majors
Sep 1, 2014, 8:12 PM EST
Acquired from the White Sox on Sunday, Adam Dunn made an instant impact in his A’s debut this afternoon.
Aug 29, 2014, 2:24 PM EST
Never mind that the dude has only been legally allowed inside a bar for about two years.
Aug 27, 2014, 3:18 PM EST
In the 10 games prior to the injury Ortiz hit .515 with four homers, three doubles, and a 1.606 OPS while the Red Sox went 2-8.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:43 PM EST
The Angels just got dealt a potentially-major blow. Garrett Richards — who has suddenly developed into an ace this season at age 26 — was taken off on a stretcher Wednesday evening at Boston’s Fenway Park after suffering what looked to be a very serious right knee injury in the bottom of the second inning of his start against the host Red Sox.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)