Apr 24, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
Bonus of Tommy John rehab: more time to study for your naturalization test.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Apr 21, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The incident happened on Sunday
Apr 17, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
We want more of this? Really?
Apr 17, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
It’s about the next generation of players.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:33 AM EDT
It’s a story of exclusivity of a men’s club. And an odd desire for irrational symmetry.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz stepped out of the batter’s box on Opening Day and received a warning letter from Major League Baseball.
Apr 6, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
They’re the seventh team since 1914 to pull off the feat.
Apr 3, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Modest pace-of-play rules? Hiring Rob Manfred? THE ACTS OF DESPERATE MEN WILLING TO STOP AT NOTHING TO KEEP BASEBALL FROM DYING!
Mar 27, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
There is only one reason a player should be tested for drugs as often as David Ortiz claims he has been: a previous positive test.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
In a first-person essay for The Player’s Tribune, Red Sox slugger David Ortiz came out swinging against his critics.
Mar 20, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
And, it appears, some people are upset about this.
Feb 25, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
Specifically, the one about batters having to keep a foot in after each pitch.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
Either that or teams’ memo distribution system is horribly out of whack.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
The new rules make sense and shouldn’t cause too much disruption. And they may actually, you know, speed up the game.
Feb 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Check out what David Ortiz and Robinson Cano think will happen in Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday night.
Jan 11, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Red Sox fans are likely to see Hanley Ramirez cleaning up in the batting order in 2015.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:51 PM EDT
Adam Jones and David Ortiz made a friendly wager on Saturday’s playoff game between the Ravens and Patriots. The loser would make a $5,000 donation to the winner’s charity.
Jan 5, 2015, 4:35 PM EDT
Jon Heyman won’t vote for Mike Piazza or Jeff Bagwell because of rumors and hearsay, but as recently as a year ago he supported David Ortiz despite Big Papi once failing a drug test.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Thanks for your input, David.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Sep 25, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
Ortiz’s symptoms are similar to when he suffered a partial tear of the tendon sheath in his wrist in 2008.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (326)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)