May 1, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
“Any slight discomfort in that area now raises some red flags.”
Apr 29, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
There’s no clear spot for him in the Nationals’ outfield, however.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
The 24-year-old former first-round pick was diagnosed with a sprained MCL in early March and the Nationals had been easing him back into action this month at their spring training complex in Viera, Florida.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:57 AM EDT
Span underwent surgery for a sports hernia in December and then needed a followup procedure for a core muscle injury in early March.
Apr 14, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Michael Taylor has been filling in as the Nationals’ center fielder and leadoff man.
Apr 11, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
Werth played in a doubleheader Saturday as part of a minor league rehab assignment and could be activated from the disabled list Monday.
Apr 4, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
Werth continues to make solid progress from January surgery to repair the AC joint in his right shoulder.
Apr 1, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Rendon injured the knee on March 9.
Mar 30, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
That Nationals don’t need another injury. But they may have one.
Mar 30, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
In exchange for Matt den Dekker.
Mar 17, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Rendon suffered the sprained MCL on March 9.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Mar 13, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
Rendon was one of the best all-around players in the league last season as a 24-year-old.
Mar 9, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
Span is definitely out for Opening Day and may miss the entire first month of the season.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Bryce Harper wants to do more to help out on offense for the Nationals.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Wil Myers’ replacement in Tampa Bay?
Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“Everyone thinks you just go over to first base and kind of hide him there, but it’s a tough position.”
Dec 13, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
Nationals GM Mike Rizzo said Harper skipped NatsFest today due to his upcoming grievance hearing against the team.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Both players are now free agents.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
After a disappointing first season in Washington he bounced back to hit .302 with 31 steals and a .771 OPS, leading the league with 184 hits.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 7, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Gio Gonzalez vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 6, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Doug Fister vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman is likely to get the start today. Who sits? Harper, Denard Span or Adam LaRoche?
Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Matt Williams says he kicked himself “all night” for taking out Jordan Zimmermann with two outs in the ninth inning in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Giants on Saturday night. But was his decision really wrong?
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 13
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)