Dec 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Braves have expressed interest in signing free agent Stephen Drew to play second base.
Dec 7, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
Didi Gregorius was called “a young Derek Jeter” a couple of summers ago by former Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers and now that the 24-year-old shortstop is actually going to be playing in pinstripes — via last week’s three-team trade — the pressure is on him to in some ways meet that hype.
Dec 5, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Gregorius has definitely struggled versus lefties, hitting just .184 off them.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Derek Jeter’s replacement: Yankees acquire Diamondbacks shortstop Didi Gregorius in three-team trade
Dec 5, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
“When I saw him he reminded me of a young Derek Jeter.”
Dec 4, 2014, 11:41 AM EST
Um, yeah, no.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:15 AM EST
DiMaggio was great. But, according to baseball historian John Thorn, explaining the love for DiMaggio requires “analysis from Dr. Freud rather than Branch Rickey.”
Nov 22, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Are they looking to hire a caddie?
Nov 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Andrus has an eight-year, $120 million contract that doesn’t even start until 2015.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:06 PM EST
Long has been New York’s hitting coach since 2007.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
Deify a guy for 20 years and the moment he’s not of use to you — bam! — go after him. Sounds about right.
Oct 3, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
I’ll be out for the rest of the day. I just injured myself laughing.
Oct 1, 2014, 5:12 PM EST
Welp, there’s two reasons he’ll never accept an invitation to my house.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
He says it will allow athletes a place to talk with “no filter.” In reality, it’s likely to have way, way more filters than what currently exist.
Sep 30, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Nate Silver — a guy who has literally made a living poking holes in people’s dubious analysis — traffics in some of his own.
Sep 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Bobby Abreu got to finish out his playing career in style, singling in the fifth inning before being removed for a pinch-runner so he could face a Citi Field crowd giving him a standing ovation.
Sep 28, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
Watch as Derek Jeter ends his career with an RBI infield single Sunday afternoon at Boston’s Fenway Park …
Sep 28, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Well played, Ashley. Well played …
Sep 27, 2014, 4:14 PM EST
Girardi reportedly ripped some players for being overweight, and others for not being “hungry” enough.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
Like shortstop, Jeter wants to leave Sheppard’s introduction behind at Yankee Stadium.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Derek Jeter got a break last night after his emotional Yankee Stadium finale on Thursday, but he’ll serve as the designated hitter and bat second for this afternoon’s game against the Red Sox at Fenway Park.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)