Mar 2, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
Detroit owes him $28 million per season through 2019.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:09 AM EST
It happened to Wynton Bernard anyway.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes could see himself wearing a Tigers uniform for many years.
Feb 24, 2015, 7:12 AM EST
The 29-year-old right hander is back in Detroit on a major league deal pending a physical.
Feb 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
He’s not in camp yet, but he’s been hitting at home and tells his manager that he’s pain-free.
Feb 22, 2015, 10:00 PM EST
Most players like to cut off contract negotiations once the regular season begins, but David Price would listen to offers if the Tigers want to talk.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 19, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Bullpen depth in the wake of Kenley Jansen’s foot injury.
Feb 18, 2015, 3:32 PM EST
It’s still possible that the Tigers’ slugger will be ready for Opening Day.
Feb 17, 2015, 6:42 PM EST
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers are “still in discussions with” free agent left-hander Phil Coke, who worked out for the club earlier this month.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:14 PM EST
Chamberlain, 29, had a 3.57 ERA and 59/24 K/BB ratio in 63 innings with the Tigers last season.
Feb 16, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
It’s been over two years since Hanrahan was healthy and effective.
Feb 14, 2015, 12:50 PM EST
Verlander is determined to rebound after posting a disappointing 4.54 ERA last season.
Feb 13, 2015, 4:20 PM EST
Lots of themes in this play. Like aspiration, optimism and . . . in the end, I suspect, tragedy.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:05 AM EST
Sports fandom, Wampeters, Foma and Granfalloons
Feb 12, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera’s status for Opening Day is in question as he makes his way back from surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture in his foot, but the Tigers hope to have more clarity on his timetable soon.
Feb 10, 2015, 3:37 PM EST
About as good a result as could’ve been hoped for.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:02 PM EST
Navarro hit .274 with 12 homers and a .712 OPS in 139 games last season .
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 6, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Former top prospect Josh Vitters has signed with a new club on a minor league deal.
Feb 6, 2015, 4:19 PM EST
It’s not personal. It’s business.
Feb 5, 2015, 2:08 PM EST
The typical recovery time on this is 4-6 weeks.
Feb 5, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
He has been compared to Miguel Cabrera. Now he has something else in common with the guy.
Feb 4, 2015, 10:04 PM EST
Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press reports that the Tigers have RSVP’d to watch free agent right-hander Matt Albers pitch in front of interested teams February 10 (next Tuesday) in the Houston area.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)