Apr 17, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
The Mets will be stretching out Rafael Montero as a starter at Triple-A Las Vegas before bringing him back to the majors for a spot start against the Marlins.
Apr 16, 2015, 8:34 PM EDT
It took until his 10th game, but Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton finally collected his first home run of the season with an opposite-field two-run blast against Mets right-hander Dillon Gee this evening.
Mar 30, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
He’s owed $5.3 million for 2015 and is also under team control for 2016 via arbitration.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
The Mets are keeping an eye on the Dodgers and Rockies as they look to replace Josh Edgin.
Mar 24, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the return of Matt Harvey and the offseason signing of Michael Cuddyer propel the Mets into contention?
Mar 16, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Gee was a trade candidate for most of the winter and was expected to begin he season in the Mets’ bullpen, but he’s set to have a rotation spot now that Zack Wheeler is injured.
Mar 16, 2015, 10:16 AM EDT
Mar 14, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Wheeler had a 3.54 ERA with 9.1 K/9 and 3.8 BB/9 last season and the Mets are hoping he’ll take a step forward this season.
Mar 7, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Rangers aren’t expected to trade for Dillon Gee or Cole Hamels following the Yu Darvish news.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson was asked about a Dillon Gee trade rumor that made the internet rounds Monday night.
Feb 14, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
At the start of the offseason, it appeared inevitable that the Mets would move one of their starting pitchers. They are about to go into spring training with all of them.
Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
The Mets still have a few potential takers for starter Dillon Gee. They settled on a $5.3 million salary for the 2015 season on Friday.
Jan 12, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
The Mets have been shopping Dillon Gee for most of the winter and it appears that they could finally find a match soon.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Get excited, I guess.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich acknowledged to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post that he has discussed specific trade packages with the Mets, but Bridich added that no deal is imminent.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Gee, who is from Texas, owns a 3.91 ERA over 103 starts and three relief appearances in the majors.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
More so than Bartolo Colon and Jon Niese, even.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Too many pitchers, not enough rotation spots.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Sep 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Anthony DiComo has a really weird superpower.
Jul 6, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Another ugly season for the Mets just got uglier. According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, starting pitcher Jon Niese has been diagnosed with a strained left shoulder and placed on the 15-day disabled list.
May 31, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
The Mets had to add an arm to their exhausted bullpen today, so they sent young right-hander Rafael Montero back to Triple-A.
May 26, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Dillon Gee was supposed to throw a bullpen session yesterday as part of his comeback from a strained lat muscle, but the Mets scrapped those plans because, according to general manager Sandy Alderson, he “did not feel comfortable” throwing.
May 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Dillon Gee’s remarkable run dating back to last season will be put on hold, as the Mets have placed the right-hander on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)