Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 14, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
It doesn’t sound like Edinson Volquez is coming back to Pittsburgh.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
Liriano was a buy-low pickup for the Pirates two offseasons ago and provided a huge return on a minimal investment.
Nov 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
The Marlins have discussed swapping Nathan Eovaldi for Wade Miley.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Pittsburgh has done great work recently turning around the careers of pitchers.
Nov 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Liriano started 55 games for Pittsburgh with a 3.20 ERA and 338 strikeouts in 323 innings.
Nov 14, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
Significantly less than the $12.75 million player option he declined to leave the Phillies.
Nov 10, 2014, 5:33 PM EST
Nov 10, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
In two seasons with the Pirates the 31-year-old left-hander started 55 games with a 3.20 ERA and racked up 338 strikeouts in 323 innings while holding opponents to a .221 batting average and .628 OPS.
Nov 10, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Will David Robertson accept his to stay with the Yankees? Will anyone?
Nov 9, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Francisco Liriano is deliberating whether or not to accept the Pirates’ $15.3 million qualifying offer.
Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
A total of 12 players got a qualifying offer, but will any accept?
Nov 3, 2014, 4:44 PM EST
Both players have the option of accepting one-year, $15.3 million deals to return to Pittsburgh or declining to hit the open market.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EST
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Starting pitchers Francisco Liriano and Gerrit Cole off the Wild Card game roster, which is fairly typical.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
For a few years there, I saw it as my personal mission to the spread the gospel of Ron Gardenhire.
Sep 27, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
With the loss by the Pirates, the Cardinals can clinch the National League Central with a win over the Diamondbacks tonight.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Liriano shut out the Phillies for eight innings Thursday night, racking up 12 strikeouts and totaling 25 swinging strikes out of 106 total pitches.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports on a cool tradition that has taken hold in the majors
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 13, 2014, 11:43 AM EST
Pirates left-hander Francisco Liriano has been activated from the disabled list after missing a month with an oblique strain and will start an important game against the Reds on Sunday afternoon.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:29 PM EST
Pirates left-hander Francisco Liriano was dominant in his rehab debut Monday at Triple-A Indianapolis, striking out eight batters and surrendering only three hits over six scoreless innings against the Phillies’ Triple-A affiliate from Lehigh Valley. His next start will be in the majors.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)