Jul 25, 2015, 4:55 PM EDT
Freeman has been sidelined since June 17 with a right wrist injury.
Jul 20, 2015, 6:18 PM EDT
Freddie Freeman’s absence with a right wrist injury has dragged on longer than the Braves originally expected, but he’s finally making some progress.
Jul 15, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman had been expected to return from his right wrist contusion immediately after the All-Star break, but it’s not going to play out that way for the 25-year-old.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Freeman hopes to return right after the All-Star break, but he acknowledges that it’s a “best-case scenario.”
Jun 25, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman landed on the disabled list earlier this week with what was termed as a right wrist contusion.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 23, 2015, 12:52 PM EDT
Huge loss for Atlanta.
Jun 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He didn’t make the team’s flight to Washington following his MRI.
Jun 20, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Freddie Freeman, bothered by wrist soreness, remains out of the Braves’ lineup on Saturday.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
Jun 1, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not gonna lie, there are some morbid thoughts in a couple of these recaps. But there’s also Bartolo Colon hitting an RBI double and if that’s not life-affirming, nothing is.
May 29, 2015, 2:08 PM EDT
Hint: he was doing it with the Braves too.
Quote of the Day: Freddie Freeman inadvertently illustrates the silliness of the foreign substance rules
May 22, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Paraphrased: “Smith should be way less obvious about the fact that he’s trying to keep us safe!”
May 21, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
Brewers reliever Will Smith was ejected from Thursday’s game against the Braves in the bottom of the seventh inning after he was found to have a foreign substance on his non-throwing arm.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
The Braves may have pawned off many of their productive players, but Freddie Freeman still thinks they’ll compete in 2015.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Gonna change B.J. Upton’s name to “poison pill”
Nov 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
He says he wanted to say, the Braves said he didn’t.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 18, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Because that’s really what baseball is all about.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 24, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Everyone has a gift. This is my gift. I shall now share it with you.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)