Mar 19, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Do the Marlins have what it takes to contend for the NL Wild Card in 2015?
Mar 18, 2015, 8:34 PM EDT
Stanton is now sporting an .884 OPS in 21 at-bats this spring.
Mar 18, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
More than $40 million in guaranteed money.
Feb 28, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton had his season come to an end in horrific fashion last September when he suffered facial fractures and dental damage on a hit-by-pitch.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
The Marins are protecting their investment.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
From this week’s cover of Sports Illustrated
Feb 11, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP balloting last season.
Feb 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
Stanton signed a $325 million contract extension in November and has been cleared for all physical activity.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
At age 41 he’ll be joining the Marlins in a backup role, playing behind starting outfielders Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna, and Christian Yelich.
Jan 17, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
The Marlins already have Giancarlo Stanton, Christian Yelich, and Marcell Ozuna in-house, so they are looking at Suzuki as a fourth outfielder.
Dec 16, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
Confirmation here from FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Dec 15, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Pirates president rank Coonelly said over the weekend that Giancarlo Stanton’s contract extension with the Marlins is “not really $325 million.” The Marlins responded today.
Dec 14, 2014, 10:23 AM EDT
There’s an interesting story tucked into Rob Biertempfel’s latest notebook for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review regarding the Marlins’ expectations for their record 13-year, $325 million contract extension with slugger Giancarlo Stanton.
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Need some pitching? The Marlins have a lot of it and are willing to use a pitcher or two to address other areas of need.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Need some dingers? I know a guy who can get you some dingers, man.
Nov 23, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Uncle Sam will be coming for Giancarlo Stanton.
Nov 20, 2014, 7:44 AM EDT
No one ever asks the billionaire owners of baseball teams questions like that.
Nov 19, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
The Marlins have some money to spend, and free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche appears to be among their targets.
Nov 19, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Which, frankly, sounds like a threat.
Nov 18, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
What’s with all the aggression today?
Nov 18, 2014, 2:07 PM EDT
Stanton will actually make less in the first three years of this deal than he would’ve in arbitration.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Nov 15, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Which is kind of neat, even if it reminds us how weird scoops are.
Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins
Nov 14, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Biggest contract in baseball history.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)