Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 16, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s in store for the Washington Nationals in 2015?
Mar 11, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
And Max Scherzer kept count.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:34 PM EDT
Most people are high on the Nationals this season, but outfielder Bryce Harper might be the highest of all. Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com spoke with Harper on Wednesday …
Feb 21, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann can become a free agent after the 2015 season, and he won’t discuss a contract extension once the regular season starts.
Jan 19, 2015, 12:44 AM EDT
With Max Scherzer in the mix, the Nationals’ starting rotation has the chance to be one of the best in the last 46 years.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
Zimmermann has just one season remaining until he’s eligible for free agency and the 28-year-old right-hander is in line for a massive payday.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:28 AM EDT
Few changes are needed for the club with the NL’s best record in 2014.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:06 AM EDT
Yeah, but it’ll be all hands on deck for Game Never on Thursday.
Oct 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
Ryan Vogelsong pitched 5 2/3 innings of one-run ball and the Giants eked out three runs against lefty Gio Gonzalez and the Washington bullpen as San Francisco closed out the NLDS on Tuesday night with a 3-2 Game 4 victory.
Oct 7, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
Triple-digits on the fastball as a reliever?
Oct 7, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Gio Gonzalez vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 7, 2014, 6:36 AM EDT
Both can be eliminated tonight, but both have hope: The Dodgers because their ace is on the mound. The Nationals because the Giants’ starter is no one’s idea of an ace.
Oct 6, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Facing elimination, the Nationals got a big start out of Doug Fister.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Oct 2, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann, fresh off his regular season finale no-hitter, will start Game 2.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Roark has a 2.57 ERA in 252 innings as a big leaguer.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Here’s hoping Nationals manager Matt Williams has been practicing his Babe Ruth home run trot, because he has a promise to fulfill.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
It’s been a trying year for Bryce Harper, but the Washington Nationals are in first place despite the struggling star.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Roark was drafted in the 25th round by the Rangers in 2008 and came to the Nationals in the mid-2010 trade for Cristian Guzman. He never cracked anyone’s top-100 prospect list and didn’t even debut in the majors until age 26 last season after posting an underwhelming 4.04 ERA in the minors.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (125)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)