Mar 2, 2015, 5:12 PM EST
Seems a bit light as far as these things go.
Feb 28, 2015, 4:19 PM EST
After trading the likes of Justin Upton, Jason Heyward, and Evan Gattis as well as adding a handful of veteran free agents, the Braves have a ton of new faces in camp this spring.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
MLBPA executive director Tony Clark will be keeping a close eye on how the Cubs handle the eventual promotion of prospect Kris Bryant.
Feb 25, 2015, 1:20 PM EST
Rasmus, that is.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:16 AM EST
Add another name to the list!
Feb 19, 2015, 11:01 PM EST
Bryant earned top honors after batting .325 with a 1.098 OPS while leading the minors with 43 homers in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season.
Feb 14, 2015, 7:25 PM EST
The Indians don’t appear to be a landing spot for Barry Zito as he attempts to keep his career alive.
Feb 13, 2015, 11:46 AM EST
Albers posted a 2.77 ERA in 123 innings between 2012 and 2013, but missed much of 2014 with shoulder problems.
Feb 12, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
A tough break for a promising young arm.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:02 PM EST
Veras is the fifth veteran reliever that new GM John Hart has added to the mix since the start of the offseason.
Feb 5, 2015, 7:39 PM EST
Strop has posted a 2.44 ERA and 113/36 K/BB ratio in 96 innings across 102 appearances with Chicago.
Feb 4, 2015, 10:04 PM EST
Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press reports that the Tigers have RSVP’d to watch free agent right-hander Matt Albers pitch in front of interested teams February 10 (next Tuesday) in the Houston area.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:45 PM EST
Add another name to the list of fifth starter candidates for the Braves.
Jan 23, 2015, 9:50 PM EST
The Astros and utilityman Marwin Gonzalez avoided arbitration on Friday.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:10 PM EST
Reliever Gonzalez Germen has now joined his fourth club of the off-season as the Cubs claimed him off waivers from the Rangers on Friday.
Jan 23, 2015, 1:10 PM EST
Fowler requested $10.8 million and the Cubs countered at $8.5 million.
Jan 22, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Jesse Crain hasn’t pitched since mid-2013, when the White Sox traded him to the Rays.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Jan 21, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Corporan joins Robinson Chirinos as the Rangers’ in-house catching options.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:06 AM EST
To prepare for his return to the Yankees after missing the entire 2014 season while serving out a 162-game PED suspension, Alex Rodriguez has enlisted the help of baseball’s home run king (and central figure of the “steroid era”) — Barry Bonds.
Jan 20, 2015, 1:38 PM EST
Monday the Astros traded center fielder Dexter Fowler to the Cubs.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
After acquiring Evan Gattis from the Braves last week and swapping Dexter Fowler to the Cubs today for Luis Valbuena and Dan Straily, the Astros might have another move up their sleeve soon.
Jan 19, 2015, 8:55 PM EST
Cubs fans are clamoring for Kris Bryant’s arrival to the big leagues, but they might have to be patient.
Jan 19, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
According to a report, the Cubs are on the verge of acquiring Dexter Fowler from the Astros.
Jan 17, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
The Astros haven’t had a winning record since they went 86-75 in 2008.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)