Aug 26, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Evan Gattis swatted two homers.
Aug 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 25, 2015, 10:44 PM EDT
Carlos Gomez was in the middle of another benches-clearing fracas Tuesday at Yankee Stadium …
Aug 25, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
A couple of walkoffs and several big, big innings around Major League Baseball last night.
Aug 24, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
Keuchel is making the minimum salary this season and won’t be eligible for free agency until after the 2018.
Aug 24, 2015, 6:21 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion and the Blue Jays bash their way back into first place.
Aug 23, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Jason Castro hit a walk-off homer Sunday to complete a three-game sweep of the Dodgers.
Aug 23, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT
George Springer is finally beginning to make legit progress in his recovery from a fractured right wrist.
Aug 23, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Houston got to Zack Greinke on Saturday for a 3-1 victory and Mike Fiers threw a no-hitter on Friday. This is coming together as a statement series for the ‘Stros here in late August.
Aug 22, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
A photo taken from Mike Fiers’ no-hitter on Friday showed what appeared to be a shiny substance on the inside of his glove. The Dodgers don’t seem to care.
Aug 22, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Astros right-hander Mike Fiers threw the 11th no-hitter in franchise history last night as part of a 3-0 victory over the Dodgers.
Aug 21, 2015, 10:21 PM EDT
Mike Fiers no-hit the Dodgers, completing the Astros’ first no-hitter since 2003.
Aug 21, 2015, 10:51 AM EDT
Acquired from Houston in the Carlos Gomez/Mike Fiers trade.
Aug 20, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
Folks, we have a Maddux.
Aug 20, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Speed doesn’t slump. Not that explains Evan Gattis.
Aug 19, 2015, 10:24 PM EDT
Astros right-hander Lance McCullers was optioned to Double-A Corpus Christi after allowing six earned runs in one-third of an inning August 3 against the Rangers. The idea was to give the 21-year-old some rest so that he could be of value down the stretch.
Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Aug 14, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Angels are the sixth team with reported interest in acquiring second baseman Chase Utley from the Phillies.
Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
Aug 7, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff for Ian Kinsler and the Tigers, a possible double-agent fails and then succeeds in the Astros-A’s game and there is evil afoot in Washington and Atlanta.
Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Luis Severino made his big legaue debut and pitched well but lost. Matt Boyd made his Tigers debut, pitched well and won. There were a bunch of walkoffs too. And what do Ryan Adams and Taylor Swift have to do with any of this?
Aug 4, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Incredible numbers for a 20-year-old shortstop.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT
Yes, I realize it’s silly to do this an hour after the trade deadline, as time is required to see how this stuff truly shakes out. But what is the Internet for if not kneejerk reactions?
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)