Jun 30, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
Mike Trout put on a clinic against the Yankees last night.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Ike Davis and Edward Mujica both returned to the Athletics on Friday.
May 25, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
“Don’t they want to win a championship?”
May 17, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
Davis strained his left quadriceps muscle last Monday while trying to leg out a double and had been limited to a single pinch-hitting appearance over the last six days.
May 15, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Vogt has put together one of the best all-around offensive seasons in the majors so far in 2015.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
Apr 30, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Watch Mike Trout save the day for the Angels.
Apr 22, 2015, 8:23 AM EDT
Kept the ball down, induced grounders. He . . . made pitches!
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 7, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Athletics outfielder Josh Reddick was scratched from yesterday’s lineup with a right oblique strain and the injury could keep him sidelined for the start of the season.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
It’s been two and a half years, but it still leaves a “dirty taste” in his mouth.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
The disease has dogged him for three years now.
Dec 2, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
From Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish comes word that the Athletics have avoided arbitration with first baseman Ike Davis by agreeing to a one-year, $3.8 million contract for the 2015 season.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Josh Donaldson trade puzzled his now ex-teammate Josh Reddick.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 23, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Davis was designated for assignment by the Bucs a couple of days ago to open up a 40-man roster spot for top pitching prospect Jameson Taillon. Now the first baseman is headed to Oakland.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Throwing problems forced a move away from third base.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Pirates designated Ike Davis for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.
Nov 13, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Pittsburgh looks set to go with Pedro Alvarez at first base.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Ike Davis was traded from the Mets to the Pirates in April, but he could soon be on the move again.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Not a ton of surprises. Gaby Sanchez in at first over Ike Davis because of the lefty on the hill. Otherwise, play ball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
Bumgarner vs. Volquez is, on paper anyway, something of a mismatch. But as we saw in last night’s game, predicting these things is a fool’s errand.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)