Apr 22, 2015, 8:23 AM EDT
Kept the ball down, induced grounders. He . . . made pitches!
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 7, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Athletics outfielder Josh Reddick was scratched from yesterday’s lineup with a right oblique strain and the injury could keep him sidelined for the start of the season.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
It’s been two and a half years, but it still leaves a “dirty taste” in his mouth.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
The disease has dogged him for three years now.
Dec 2, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
From Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish comes word that the Athletics have avoided arbitration with first baseman Ike Davis by agreeing to a one-year, $3.8 million contract for the 2015 season.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Josh Donaldson trade puzzled his now ex-teammate Josh Reddick.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 23, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Davis was designated for assignment by the Bucs a couple of days ago to open up a 40-man roster spot for top pitching prospect Jameson Taillon. Now the first baseman is headed to Oakland.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Throwing problems forced a move away from third base.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Pirates designated Ike Davis for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.
Nov 13, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Pittsburgh looks set to go with Pedro Alvarez at first base.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Ike Davis was traded from the Mets to the Pirates in April, but he could soon be on the move again.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Not a ton of surprises. Gaby Sanchez in at first over Ike Davis because of the lefty on the hill. Otherwise, play ball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
Bumgarner vs. Volquez is, on paper anyway, something of a mismatch. But as we saw in last night’s game, predicting these things is a fool’s errand.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Pedro Alvarez’s throwing problems caused the Pirates to stop playing him at third base and now a foot injury is keeping him from playing, period.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:09 AM EDT
The Mets had to make a choice. Twenty-six homers and an OPS of .862 later, and that choice looks like the right one.
Aug 18, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
After 584 games in the majors, Pedro Alvarez is going to try something new.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:05 PM EDT
This story is unlike any I’ve ever seen.
Aug 3, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
For now, Pedro Alvarez won’t be switching positions, but he is no longer the team’s everyday third baseman.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 6
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 204
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 139
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (201)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (139)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)