Feb 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
It’s been two and a half years, but it still leaves a “dirty taste” in his mouth.
Feb 10, 2015, 9:03 AM EST
The disease has dogged him for three years now.
Dec 2, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
From Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish comes word that the Athletics have avoided arbitration with first baseman Ike Davis by agreeing to a one-year, $3.8 million contract for the 2015 season.
Nov 29, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Athletics will likely have to address their vacant shortstop position via trade as opposed to free agency according to GM Billy Beane.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
The Josh Donaldson trade puzzled his now ex-teammate Josh Reddick.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 23, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Davis was designated for assignment by the Bucs a couple of days ago to open up a 40-man roster spot for top pitching prospect Jameson Taillon. Now the first baseman is headed to Oakland.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
Throwing problems forced a move away from third base.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Pirates designated Ike Davis for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.
Nov 13, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Pittsburgh looks set to go with Pedro Alvarez at first base.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Ike Davis was traded from the Mets to the Pirates in April, but he could soon be on the move again.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EST
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EST
Not a ton of surprises. Gaby Sanchez in at first over Ike Davis because of the lefty on the hill. Otherwise, play ball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
Bumgarner vs. Volquez is, on paper anyway, something of a mismatch. But as we saw in last night’s game, predicting these things is a fool’s errand.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Pedro Alvarez’s throwing problems caused the Pirates to stop playing him at third base and now a foot injury is keeping him from playing, period.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:09 AM EST
The Mets had to make a choice. Twenty-six homers and an OPS of .862 later, and that choice looks like the right one.
Aug 18, 2014, 6:22 PM EST
After 584 games in the majors, Pedro Alvarez is going to try something new.
Aug 5, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
This story is unlike any I’ve ever seen.
Aug 3, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
For now, Pedro Alvarez won’t be switching positions, but he is no longer the team’s everyday third baseman.
Aug 3, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
A change could come after Alvarez committed his major league-high 24th error on Saturday.
Jul 29, 2014, 2:19 PM EST
Pirates third baseman Pedro Alvarez’s throwing issues have gotten so bad–including an MLB-leading 21 of his 23 errors on throws–that Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports the team is starting to look into “the mental component to find the root of the problem.”
Jul 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Josh Harrison kept the PIrates in the mix in Sunday’s game against the Rockies by using his legs.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 336
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (337)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)