Apr 6, 2015, 6:54 PM EDT
They’re the seventh team since 1914 to pull off the feat.
Apr 3, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Howie Kendrick and Juan Uribe are safe, for now.
Mar 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the Padres’ bold moves lead to a playoff appearance?
Mar 24, 2015, 7:24 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reported earlier this month that “serious concern exists” about the structure of Hector Olivera’s throwing elbow. That report has been refuted by Olivera’s representatives and the 29-year-old Cuban infielder still managed to score …
Mar 24, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
The rich get richer.
Mar 23, 2015, 6:33 PM EDT
And it’s reportedly down to the Dodgers and Padres.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Worst to first . . . to worst and back to first?
Mar 18, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
The latest from Jon Heyman at CBSSports.com …
Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a host of changes with their front office and their roster, but will it get them over the hump in October?
Mar 14, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
The Dodgers, Padres, and Braves are among the teams who reportedly have strong interest in Olivera.
Mar 13, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
Boston’s total investment in Moncada is $63 million.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:38 PM EDT
It was reportedly last week that Olivera could have ulnar collateral ligament damage in his elbow and questions obviously remain about his health.
Mar 12, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
The deal is official.
Mar 11, 2015, 8:31 PM EDT
The latest from Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com …
Mar 10, 2015, 8:49 PM EDT
The latest report from Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports …
Mar 10, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
The Padres and Dodgers are said to be in the hunt as well.
Mar 7, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Hector Olivera was declared a free agent by MLB on Friday and is already drawing a lot of interest.
Mar 7, 2015, 3:22 PM EDT
Cuban infielder Hector Olivera was officially declared a free agent by MLB yesterday and his representatives are aiming high in contract talks.
Mar 6, 2015, 11:43 PM EDT
Cuban infielder Hector Olivera is free to sign with a team of his choosing now that he has been declared a free agent.
Mar 5, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
Yahoo Sports’ Jeff Passan hears that Cuban infielder Hector Olivera could have UCL damage in his elbow, but Olivera’s camp has strongly denied the report.
Feb 25, 2015, 2:56 PM EDT
Also: who is the Cuban Derek Jeter?
Feb 23, 2015, 6:22 PM EDT
Rays pitcher Drew Smyly says it’s unfair that a 19-year-old from the United States can’t get a similar bonus as Yoan Moncada.
Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties
Feb 23, 2015, 10:08 AM EDT
Boston spends $63 million on an elite, 19-year-old infield prospect.
Feb 18, 2015, 4:02 PM EDT
This describes any given seven-year stretch in most of our lives, though, right?
Feb 17, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas commanded a $68.5 million contract from the Diamondbacks in November and Yoan Moncada has been drawing most of the headlines lately, but Hector Olivera appears poised to beat his fellow countrymen at the signing table.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 60
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)