Aug 16, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
Braves right-hander Shelby Miller is working on a no-hitter through seven innings Sunday afternoon against the Diamondbacks …
Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Carlos Carrasco tamed the Tigers in what was clearly a worked match.
May 8, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He’ll report to Triple-A.
May 7, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Marlins ate $15 million to get rid of him.
May 7, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
It’ll be official as soon as he clears waivers.
May 6, 2015, 3:43 PM EDT
Diamondbacks, Royals, Indians and Mariners.
May 5, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
Miami cut Saltalamacchia loose with about $15 million remaining on a three-year, $21 million deal signed last offseason.
May 2, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
Catcher Ryan Hanigan figures to be out until the All-Star break, according to Red Sox manager John Farrell.
May 1, 2015, 10:44 PM EDT
Ryan Hanigan will need surgery to repair a fractured finger on his right hand suffered during Friday’s loss to the Yankees.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks are reportedly among the potential landing spots for Saltalamacchia.
Apr 27, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
Saltalamacchia is owed $7 million this season and $8 million next season.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 1, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
The Marlins will be bringing back Jeff Mathis after exercising a $1.5 million option on the catcher.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Mathis a career .196 hitter and has never topped a .650 OPS in nine seasons as a big leaguer.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann just threw the first no-hitter in Washington Nationals history on the final day of the 2014 regular season.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
It’s been less than nine months since the Red Sox hoisted the World Series trophy and less than eight months since general manager Ben Cherington won the Executive of the Year award, but with the team sitting at 43-52 he’s already started to apologize for this year’s product.
Jun 24, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
Tony Gwynn Jr. was activated from Major League Baseball’s bereavement list on Tuesday afternoon and made an appearance as a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning of Tuesday night’s 7-4 victory over the Marlins. It was his first at-bat since burying his Hall of Fame father last week in San Diego, and the fans at Citizens Bank Park made it a beautiful, genuine moment …
Jun 20, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Marcell Ozuna saved the Marlins with a game-ending throw to home plate to nail Kirk Nieuwenhuis.
Jun 1, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Marlins catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, who hit a deep hitting slump in May, has been placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list.
May 2, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Jarrod Saltalamacchia is bemused by the Braves’ accusation that his team stole signs to aid in their recent three-game sweep.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:06 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts yesterday. Including one that was the Platonic Ideal of a baseball game. At least if you have taste and stuff.
Apr 5, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick look at a busy Friday around MLB, including the offensive juggernaut that is the Miami Marlins.
Mar 26, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Boston Red Sox. The Big Question: Have the Red Sox taken the steps necessary to avoid a post-championship decline? No…
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)