Jorge De La Rosa
Apr 20, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT
Last season he threw 184 innings with a 4.11 ERA and 139/67 K/BB ratio.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He’s been out since March 20 with a hamstring injury.
Apr 1, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
With a new GM and questions surrounding the futures of Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez, where are the Rockies headed?
Mar 24, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
De La Rosa had been penciled in for the Rockies’ home opener, but that no longer seems realistic.
Mar 22, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
The Rockies made a surprising move on Sunday, releasing Jhoulys Chacin.
Mar 20, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Jorge De La Rosa’s groin issues persisted, knocking him out of his Cactus League debut early on Friday.
Mar 18, 2015, 11:28 PM EDT
Get excited, Rockies fans.
Jan 4, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
MLB tested a pitch-clock rule in the Arizona Fall League, but it’s unlikely to be adopted for the 2015 season.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Get excited, I guess.
Sep 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
It was the second-longest home run in the history of the new Busch Stadium. Holliday also holds the record.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
The Rockies agreed to a two-year extension with veteran lefty starter Jorge De La Rosa on Wednesday night.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 24, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
The Yankees are reportedly considering a reunion with right-hander Ian Kennedy.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 29, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
The 51-32 Brewers have the best record in the National League and the largest division lead in MLB, boasting a 6 1/2 game cushion over the second-place Cardinals.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 11, 2014, 11:51 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner’s third career home run was a big one.
Mar 30, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
From Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald comes the Marlins’ lineup plan for Opening Day … With Rafael Furcal headed to the disabled list, Christian Yelich will lead off. [Manager Mike Redmond] said that means Adeiny Hechavarria could bat second, followed by Giancarlo Stanton and Jeff Baker, who will be the Opening Day second baseman against Colorado lefty Jorge De La Rosa. Placido Polanco…
Mar 29, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Rockies may have the most interesting and unintentionally hilarious roster going into Opening Day. They’ll carry 14 pitchers, including two that are injured (Jhoulys Chacin and Boone Logan, who don’t count against the 25-man limit), as well as two catchers, only five infielders, and six (six!) outfielders. The rotation will include Jorge De La…
Mar 12, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
As speculated last week by Troy Renck of the Denver Post and then confirmed Wednesday, left-hander Jorge De La Rosa will start for the Rockies on Opening Day, March 31, against the Marlins. It’s the beginning of a four-game series at Marlins Park. Jhoulys Chacin would have been given the honor, but he suffered a…
Mar 9, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Jorge De La Rosa will be the Rockies’ Opening Day starter, Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports. The Rockies haven’t made an official announcement yet. It doesn’t come as much as a surprise as his only real competition for the honor was Jhoulys Chacin, but Chacin is dealing with a shoulder strain and may…
Mar 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Colorado Rockies. The Big Question: Can the Rockies get back over the .500 mark? Rookie manager Walt Weiss led…
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)