Apr 17, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Jose Abreu or Barbaro Canizares?
Apr 6, 2015, 6:44 PM EDT
The Royals got a bit of a scare a little while ago, as right-hander Yordano Ventura exited his Opening Day start against the White Sox after going down in a heap after throwing a pitch.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Should we be taking the rebuilt White Sox seriously as contenders?
Mar 24, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Jose Abreu “put it on the board” with this solo shot Tuesday off Rockies reliever Jairo Diaz …
Mar 24, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
The rich get richer.
Jan 12, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
There’s been lots of speculation that the White Sox will trade Dayan Viciedo.
Nov 10, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
No pressure, Yasmany…
Nov 10, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
A strong finish gave deGrom the edge over Billy Hamilton and Kolten Wong.
Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Nov 8, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu is the heavy favorite to win the American League Rookie of the Year Award on Monday, marking the culmination of a mysterious journey out of Cuba last year.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 16, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
He’s 26 and is said to have great plate discipline.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
The Tigers and Royals both lost, which means that the AL Central won’t be decided until Sunday afternoon.
Sep 18, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Among all American League hitters with at least 350 plate appearances this season Pearce ranks ranks fourth in OPS, behind only Mike Trout, Jose Abreu, and Victor Martinez.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Sep 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Jose Abreu tied a White Sox rookie record when he hit his 35th home run in the ninth inning of Sunday’s loss to the Twins.
Sep 14, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
We’re gonna have to hold you to this, Jose …
Sep 14, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Yasmani Tomas, 23, could be the next Cuban defector to hit it big — record-breakingly big — on Major League Baseball’s free agent market. Via Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe …
Sep 7, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
Indians right-hander Carlos Carrasco came one out short of his first career shutout on Sunday afternoon in Cleveland, firing 8 2/3 scoreless innings against the visiting White Sox. His run of dominance actually dates back to late April.
Sep 6, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Jose Abreu was on a tear, but he was stopped in his tracks by the potent arm of Corey Kluber.
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)