Feb 28, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
Josh Hamilton’s punishment for using a drug of abuse may end up not being much of a punishment at all.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
But Major League Baseball is also trying to be “compassionate,” and is thus still not close to a decision.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:29 AM EST
I am confident that Major League Baseball will help Josh Hamilton find the help he needs. I do hope, however, that whatever else they do to him does not contribute to the tendency to treat addicts as miscreants.
Feb 25, 2015, 8:08 PM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman is hearing from sources that Hamilton had a relapse “a couple months back” that “involved at least cocaine.” Heyman says Hamilton confessed to MLB officials that he used.
Feb 25, 2015, 4:06 PM EST
General manager Jerry Dipoto would only confirm that Hamilton is in New York meeting with MLB officials, declining to offer any further details.
Feb 20, 2015, 5:23 PM EST
“It could be as much as 12 weeks.”
Feb 9, 2015, 7:59 PM EST
Joyce batted .254 with nine home runs and .732 OPS (111 OPS+) across 140 games last season.
Feb 3, 2015, 6:53 PM EST
Hamilton initially injured his right shoulder in late 2014, missing most of September, and the symptoms resurfaced last week during an offseason workout.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:25 PM EST
Meghan King Edmonds and Katie Chadwick Hamilton, the wives of Jim and Josh respectively, will appear on the tenth season of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Jan 25, 2015, 4:41 PM EST
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez wrote earlier this month that it’s unlikely Josh Hamilton will finish out his five-year, $125 million contract as a member of the Angels and that a trade may even be coming this season — in the third year of the five-year deal. But we can probably rule out a reunion with the Rangers.
Jan 3, 2015, 6:07 PM EST
The Angels will eventually try to trade Josh Hamilton, MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez writes.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 7, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
Josh Hamilton, who took at least 12 injections of cortisone last month alone, addressed those ALDS Game 1 boos Tuesday to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register …
Oct 6, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Mike Trout can only make up for so many bad decisions.
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:41 AM EST
Overstocking the bullpen has done the Halos little good so far.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
Royals catcher Salvador Perez remained in the game after being hit in the head with Josh Hamilton’s backswing in the second game of the ALDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EST
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
How do the Royals keep doing this? After watching their Game 1 win in the ALDS, Joe Posnanski still isn’t sure.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:32 AM EST
The former MVP underwhelms in Game 1 versus the Royals.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Josh Hamilton has played in just one game since September 4 due to shoulder, chest, and rib cage injuries, but the 33-year-old outfielder took batting practice, threw some long toss, and ran the bases on Tuesday afternoon and has declared himself ready for the ALDS, which begins on Thursday.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Josh Hamilton has been limited to just one game since September 4 due to right shoulder, chest, and rib cage injuries, but he’s still hopes to be ready for the upcoming division series.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)