Aug 28, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Pedro Martinez is one of the smartest baseball players in living memory, but he’s sniffing up the wrong tree here.
Aug 27, 2015, 7:45 AM EDT
Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips, just a bunch of gibberish, And opposing teams act like they forgot about JV.
Aug 26, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT
Verlander still managed to go the distance against a good Angels offense for his first shutout since 2012.
Aug 26, 2015, 9:26 PM EDT
It is August 26, 2015 and Justin Verlander has a no-hitter going against the Mike Trout-led Angels.
Aug 23, 2015, 9:09 PM EDT
A fan was struck by a foul ball during Sunday’s game between the Braves and Cubs at Wrigley Field and transferred to a local hospital for further evaluation.
Aug 22, 2015, 12:20 AM EDT
A fan was hit by a foul ball on Friday night in Detroit, prompting Justin Verlander to call for additional protective netting.
Aug 5, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
The Red Sox had a 2-1 lead in the sixth inning of this one. If you were watching, I hope you weren’t the type who falls asleep during the sixth inning.
Aug 4, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
After arriving in 2002, Dombrowski rebuilt an organization that was an utter dumpster fire.
Jul 29, 2015, 2:54 PM EDT
It was Verlander’s second straight eight inning, one-run performance.
Jul 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Detroit, the city, is on the rebound. Thanks in part to people like the Navin Field Grounds Crew.
Jul 22, 2015, 9:56 AM EDT
Justin Verlander can’t pitch the same way he did when he was in his early 20s and expect to be successful. Justin Verlander, however, does not yet believe that.
Jul 21, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
There are no dynasties in baseball anymore. But the Tigers have been a mini-dynasty in the AL Central, having won it for the past four seasons. In the past two weeks, however, their aims have radically changed.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Zack Greinke was impressive. Even if Bryce Harper wasn’t all that impressed.
Jul 15, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
A hurt Miguel Cabrera and a mess of a pitching staff should have the Tigers thinking “rebuild.” But there is no indication that they will.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Justin Verlander, doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He thinks Gerrit Cole hit him intentionally. He’s probably right.
Jun 28, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
David Price’s afternoon ended a little sooner than anticipated.
Jun 28, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Justin Verlander’s back issue is behind him, so he’s penciled in to start on Tuesday.
Jun 20, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez’s great season and move up baseball’s all-time ranks continued Saturday night against the Tigers.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez joined the 3,000-hit club in style, homering off of Justin Verlander in the first inning on Friday.
Jun 13, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Justin Verlander pitched well over five innings in his 2015 season debut on Saturday against the Indians.
Jun 13, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
The 36-year-old Martinez has been sidelined for about a month due to inflammation in his surgically-repaired left knee.
Jun 12, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
13 starts after acquiring Greene from the Yankees.
Jun 9, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
Verlander is finally healthy after being sidelined since spring training with a triceps injury.
Jun 8, 2015, 12:27 PM EDT
Perhaps someone picked tonight will eventually crack this list.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)