Kansas City Royals
Feb 24, 2015, 7:31 PM EST
Royals outfielder Alex Gordon is making steady progress in his recovery from January wrist surgery.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 21, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
The Giants offered $5 million more to James Shields than he ultimately wound up signing for with the Padres.
Feb 20, 2015, 1:20 PM EST
Finnegan had a rapid rise to the majors.
Feb 18, 2015, 6:10 PM EST
The deal will pay Hosmer a $5.65 million salary in 2015 and $8.25 million in 2016, covering his second and third years of arbitration eligibility.
Feb 17, 2015, 10:34 PM EST
Royals outfielder Alex Gordon needed an extensor retinaculum repair on his right wrist in early January, but he is aiming to be fully recovered by the beginning of the 2015 regular season. And his recovery has gone according to plan thus far.
Feb 17, 2015, 5:10 PM EST
Nix has spent parts of seven seasons in the majors playing for eight different teams, including the Royals, Pirates, and Phillies last year.
Feb 16, 2015, 10:56 PM EST
Chen has pitched for 10 teams in the majors and could bring his total to 11 if he makes the Indians.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:47 AM EST
Holland requested $9 million and the Royals countered at $6.65 million.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:28 AM EST
His performance is sure to raise some eyebrows.
Feb 13, 2015, 9:36 AM EST
But it seems like an opt-out which is unlikely to be exercised.
Feb 12, 2015, 4:22 PM EST
Herrera has emerged as one of the elite relievers in baseball since 2012, throwing 213 innings with a 2.45 ERA while ranking among MLB’s hardest-throwers.
Feb 12, 2015, 3:03 PM EST
The offseason is too long, you guys. Way too long.
Feb 12, 2015, 12:55 PM EST
“And my No. 1 reason is winning.”
Feb 11, 2015, 10:27 PM EST
James Shields was officially introduced as a member of the Padres on Wednesday at Petco Park …
Feb 11, 2015, 8:08 PM EST
ESPN’s Jayson Stark reported Monday that the Padres, Rangers, Dodgers, and Cardinals have “stayed in contact with Phillies on Hamels,” so perhaps those are the four teams that have made these “real” offers.
Feb 11, 2015, 4:55 PM EST
Sources say: the Padres
Feb 11, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
It’s $75 million guaranteed with a $16 million team option
Feb 11, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Figuratively, I assume. And not, like, coming at Ruben Amaro with a crowbar.
Feb 10, 2015, 11:17 AM EST
Don’t feel too sorry for James Shields.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 9, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro, Jr. said late last month that he was expecting left-hander Cole Hamels to still be with the team when the season begins. He still feels the same way today.
Feb 9, 2015, 12:02 PM EST
Moncada has held private workouts for interested teams and the 19-year-old is expected to land a big contract, perhaps in excess of $40 million.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 9, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
Padres fans have never had a ton to get excited about. That has changed this winter.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)