Aug 13, 2015, 7:59 AM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma with the no-no.
Aug 12, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
Here’s how it ended …
Jul 18, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including some late heroics from Alex Rodriguez.
Felix Hernandez and Chris Archer dueled. Chris Archer, by one measure, pitched better. Felix Hernandez won.
May 27, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Game scores are interesting things. Wins — the team kind, anyway — are far more satisfying.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 18, 2015, 6:01 AM EDT
I know, Shelby. I can’t believe the “Mad Men” finale either.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
The pitching is great and the offense should be better. But is better good enough?
Mar 11, 2015, 7:24 PM EDT
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was eased into activities this spring after undergoing season-ending surgery last August to repair a torn labrum in his left hip. But he made his 2015 Cactus League debut on Monday and then truly made his presence felt in his second Cactus League game on Wednesday …
Dec 6, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Earlier this month, Seattle bought out all three of Kyle Seager’s arbitration seasons and four seasons of free agency with a seven-year, $100 million extension. Todd Frazier plays the same position as Seager, is only one year older than Seager, and had very similar numbers to Seager in 2014 …
Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 10, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Two of the top free agents on the market are in Seattle’s sights.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
But it’s probably too little, too late.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The hourglass is running low on this team.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EDT
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Jul 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Reds closer Aroldis Chapman retired both batters he faced in last night’s All-Star game on a total of just five pitches, but while covering first base on Kyle Seager’s eighth-inning ground out he came up limping.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Like we said earlier today: the so-called snubs have a way of working themselves out.
Jul 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
There are eight days until the All-Star Game. Almost all of these “snubs” will work themselves out.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 3, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Even those who Play The Game The Right Way don’t always play the game the right way.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)