Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 PM EST
Adam Ottavino is one of a growing number of pitchers who rely on Sabermetric analysis sites like FanGraphs to make adjustments.
Jan 31, 2015, 8:10 PM EST
Jayson Werth signed an inmate handbook for someone during his stay in jail in Fairfax, Virginia.
Jan 15, 2015, 1:03 PM EST
Lynn was arbitration eligible this offseason for the first time.
Jan 8, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
Could the Cardinals be gearing up for a big late-offseason splash?
Nov 18, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Might the Cardinals be a darkhorse in the Jon Lester sweepstakes? Jim Bowden of ESPN and SiriusXM says they are “in pursuit,” citing a club source.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:14 PM EST
Hunter Pence tied the game up with an RBI single in the sixth inning as the Giants pieced together a two-out rally in Game 2 of the NLCS.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:54 PM EST
There were four questionable managerial decisions made in the bottom of the fourth inning of NLCS Game 2 between the Cardinals and Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
Matt Carpenter’s post-season rampage continues. He hit his fourth home run in six playoff games, giving the Cardinals a 1-0 lead in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 2 of the NLCS on Sunday night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis …
Oct 12, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
It’s a travel day on the American League side of things, so all of the focus will be on Game 2 of the National League Championship Series on Sunday night in St. Louis. Let’s preview the action …
Oct 11, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
The Giants had an easy time taking care of the Cardinals in Game 1 of the NLCS thanks to another strong start from Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 9, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
Good news for the Cardinals.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Oct 5, 2014, 1:09 AM EST
The Cardinals and Dodgers traded late homers, but it was Matt Kemp’s solo shot in the bottom of the eighth that allowed the Dodgers to emerge victorious, evening the NLDS at 1-1.
Oct 4, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
The Dodgers scored a pair of runs in the third inning after benefiting from a reviewed tag play.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Lance Lynn opposes Zack Greinke on the mound in Game 2 of the NLDS in Los Angeles.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
The Cardinals and Giants are aiming to head home with 2-0 series leads. Meanwhile, the Dodgers and Nationals will be looking to rebound after tough Game 1 losses.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Adam Wainwright will start Game 1 against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 7, 2014, 8:51 AM EST
The Brewers led the National League Central for 159 straight days, but they could fall all the way back to third place by dinner time on Sunday evening. Lance Lynn did a fine job of damage control for six innings and Matt Adams and Oscar Taveras both homered off Kyle Lohse as the Cardinals took down host Milwaukee 5-3 on Saturday night at Miller Park, moving to four games up in the division standings.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 7, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Michael Wacha was shut down two weeks ago due to a stress reaction to the scapula bone in his throwing shoulder and the timeline for his return remains a question mark.
Jun 24, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn allowed a pair of homers in an otherwise decent June 6 start against the Blue Jays, in Toronto, and was apparently convinced afterward that he’d been tipping some of his pitches.
Jun 14, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday night around MLB, including a pitchers’ duel in St. Louis.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)