Los Angeles Angels
Mar 1, 2015, 3:24 PM EST
There’s been some talk that Angels right-hander Garrett Richards might be ready for the beginning of the 2015 regular season despite tearing the patellar tendon in his left knee last August. But manager Mike Scioscia put that to rest Sunday in camp …
Feb 28, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
Josh Hamilton’s punishment for using a drug of abuse may end up not being much of a punishment at all.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
But Major League Baseball is also trying to be “compassionate,” and is thus still not close to a decision.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:29 AM EST
I am confident that Major League Baseball will help Josh Hamilton find the help he needs. I do hope, however, that whatever else they do to him does not contribute to the tendency to treat addicts as miscreants.
Feb 25, 2015, 8:08 PM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman is hearing from sources that Hamilton had a relapse “a couple months back” that “involved at least cocaine.” Heyman says Hamilton confessed to MLB officials that he used.
Feb 25, 2015, 4:06 PM EST
General manager Jerry Dipoto would only confirm that Hamilton is in New York meeting with MLB officials, declining to offer any further details.
Feb 22, 2015, 9:05 PM EST
Just how long does Albert Pujols plan to play baseball?
Feb 22, 2015, 10:22 AM EST
You can add another name to the growing list …
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 20, 2015, 5:23 PM EST
“It could be as much as 12 weeks.”
Feb 19, 2015, 6:30 PM EST
Huston Street came over the Angels last July in a trade with the Padres and he wants to stay there for the long haul.
Feb 19, 2015, 5:20 PM EST
A pretty SABR-savvy move for a manager not often lauded as SABR-savvy.
Feb 16, 2015, 7:48 PM EST
So far, so good.
Feb 13, 2015, 12:48 PM EST
Thatcher will make $1 million in guaranteed money if he cracks the Opening Day bullpen.
Feb 12, 2015, 8:49 PM EST
Garrett Richards saw his breakout season come to an unfortunate end last August when he tore the patellar tendon in his left knee, but he’s nearing an important step in his rehab process.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:59 PM EST
Joyce batted .254 with nine home runs and .732 OPS (111 OPS+) across 140 games last season.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Despite losing Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester, and Jason Hammel, the Athletics do not have a deficit of starting pitching, and they figure to get two more back from the disabled list in June.
Feb 3, 2015, 6:53 PM EST
Hamilton initially injured his right shoulder in late 2014, missing most of September, and the symptoms resurfaced last week during an offseason workout.
Feb 3, 2015, 4:37 PM EST
Last year Mark Mulder’s comeback attempt with the Angels ended when he tore his left Achilles’ tendon during spring training.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:25 PM EST
Meghan King Edmonds and Katie Chadwick Hamilton, the wives of Jim and Josh respectively, will appear on the tenth season of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:39 PM EST
Richards emerged as one of the best pitchers in the American League last season before tearing his left patellar tendon in August.
Jan 28, 2015, 7:43 PM EST
Teams and players usually come to terms before hearings are needed — thus avoiding any drama — but Richards is a complicated case.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EST
Freese requested $7.6 million and the Angels countered at $5.25 million.
Jan 28, 2015, 2:44 PM EST
Gordon Beckham played the first five-and-a-half years of his career for the White Sox before being traded to the Angels in August.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:50 AM EST
As of six weeks ago Angels manager Mike Scioscia was telling reporters that the team didn’t expect Garrett Richards back from knee surgery until May.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)