Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Apr 6, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Apr 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Our Jenna Corrado is joined by Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner to discuss offseason training at his North Carolina ranch, how he feels after a busy 2014 season, a potential rivalry between him and Clayton Kershaw and more.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Mar 20, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
He lost a battle with Mike Pelfrey and Tommy Milone.
Mar 3, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
Unless someone gets injured, spring training game results don’t matter a bit. But they are a reminder that everyone starts from square one each season. No matter how well they ended the season before.
Feb 23, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
It was just an average day at Giants camp on Monday…
Feb 11, 2015, 2:43 PM EDT
Nice to know I’ve had a private work toilet in my “office” longer than a three-time World Series-winning manager has.
Feb 4, 2015, 9:06 AM EDT
Steven Matz is a good pitching prospect. But let’s pump the brakes on the comps here. On all comps, really.
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Dec 30, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Jeter was third.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
A lost opportunity, really.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Yes, such things still matter. At least to old men like me.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Max Scherzer, a client of Scott Boras, seems comfortable with slow-playing this market. We’ve seen loads of rumors and reports involving the other prominent free agent ace, Jon Lester, but it’s hard to identify which teams are in the running at the moment for Max. The Giants may be one …
Nov 19, 2014, 9:38 AM EDT
Tell me about the rabbits, Hunter
Nov 9, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Mickey Lolich got three complete game wins, leading the Tigers to a 1968 World Series win against the Cardinals. He doesn’t think Madison Bumgarner’s performance in the 2014 World Series merits comparison.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 6, 2014, 5:32 PM EDT
There will be a slot for him. The Giants probably hope he can fill it.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
And he gave Jimmy Fallon some underwear.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Nov 3, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
To be fair, I wouldn’t let him either. I’d probably wrap him in bubble wrap until next spring.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner’s post-season performance prompted Jockey to make underwear with “Mad Bum” on the backside, a special gift to Giants fans at Friday’s World Series parade in San Francisco.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)