Apr 9, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Gattis isn’t off to the best start with his new team.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Reynolds hit just .196 in 130 games for the Brewers this year.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EDT
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Morneau is under contract for next season at a reasonable $6.75 million salary, so the Rockies weren’t inclined to give him away cheaply.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 11, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Don’t worry, I’m hearing that Ruben Amaro, Jr. is already trying to get in touch with his agent.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
That’s right, Wily Peralta.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jun 21, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
The slumping Rockies were involved in one of the worst plays you’ll ever see with your own two eyes.
Jun 3, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Jose Abreu is back, Clayton Kershaw withstood his return and I made a sobering discovery about “Billy Madison.”
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 11, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Aramis Ramirez was lifted from the Brewers’ game Saturday against the Yankees after straining his left hamstring while ranging for a groundball on the infield and will be placed on the 15-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s series-opener versus the Pirates.
May 1, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Ryan Braun has avoided the disabled list so far, but tonight the Brewers right fielder is sitting out his fifth consecutive game with a strained oblique muscle.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Apr 12, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
The Brewers are a major-league best 8-2 to begin the young season.
Apr 10, 2014, 7:06 AM EDT
I saw Captain America last night. It was way better than the first few innings of the Tigers-Dodgers game.
Apr 6, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Mark Trumbo has started off his D-Backs career in fashion.
Apr 1, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Hector Gomez of sports radio program ZDeportes in the Dominican Republic reports that the Blue Jays have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with free agent corner infielder Juan Francisco.
Mar 23, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Brewers have decided to use Mark Reynolds and Lyle Overbay at first base, leaving Juan Francisco on the outside looking in. Francisco, who hit 18 home runs with a .719 OPS in 385 plate appearances last season, was beat out by two non-roster invitees. It…
Mar 21, 2014, 5:52 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Milwaukee Brewers. The Big Question: Can they bounce back? The Brewers won only 74 games in 2013 after averaging…
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 16
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)