Apr 10, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Trevor Bauer struck out eleven, walked five and gave up no hits. In addition he hit the sportswriter, the public address announcer, the bull mascot twice . . .
Apr 1, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Phillies are going to be bad in 2015. But just how bad?
Mar 31, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Is the fun over in Cincy?
Mar 20, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The Phillies’ spring hasn’t gone very well, but they appear to have avoided a serious injury with Domonic Brown.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Domonic Brown will have the attention and assistance of Hall of Fame third baseman Mike Schmdit during spring training with the Phillies.
Feb 7, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
After some consideration, Reds GM Walt Jocketty isn’t sure if Dayan Viciedo is a fit for the club.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
If you made a trade with St. Louis in the 90s and 2000s, you likely got the bad end of that trade. Because of this guy.
Jan 1, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
With Marlon Byrd out of the picture, the Phillies could move Domonic Brown back to his original position in right field.
Dec 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Reds get a left fielder. The Phillies unload at least part of a contract.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Byrd is owed $8 million in the final year of his contract.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Chase Utley plans to wear Phillies red until his contract runs out.
Dec 13, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Nice try, Phillies, but you can’t just dump Ryan Howard off on an unsuspecting team like that.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
It’s superficially a good fit.
Dec 8, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Byrd has the ability to block a deal to four different teams thanks to a clause in his contract.
Nov 6, 2014, 11:46 AM EDT
See, I used this shadowed picture of Cliff Lee because . . . well, I’m not going to explain the symbolism, as it’s all rather complex and esoteric.
Nov 4, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
Even a 37-year-old slugger is worth something in this day and age.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Mets reliever Vic Black has been shut down with a shoulder injury just one week after returning from a disabled list stint for a herniated disk in his back.
Sep 2, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Preserved the shutout too.
Aug 31, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Is it really a good thing if one’s team is one of only two teams in the last 113 years to have four relatively old players accrue a significant amount of playing time?
Aug 28, 2014, 11:02 PM EDT
Herrera, who was acquired from the Pirates in the Marlon Byrd deal last August, was batting .340/.406/.560 with 10 homers and 48 RBI over 61 games in Double-A this season.
Aug 28, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Vic Black has emerged as an effective late-inning bridge for the Mets this season, but now he’s headed to the 15-day disabled list with a herniated disk in his neck.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Phillies GM Ruben Amaro thinks oft-injured veteran outfielder Grady Sizemore could be a part of the team’s rebuilding effort.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 7
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)