Apr 25, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Watch Kevin Plawecki swat his first major league homer.
Apr 24, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Yelich, who agreed to a seven-year, $49 million contract this spring, was off to a slow start by hitting .200 with zero homers and a .488 OPS through 11 games.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is strong.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
Watch this fourth-inning Giancarlo Stanton solo home run soar high and deep, all the way into the visitors bullpen, Tuesday evening at Philadelphia’s Citizens Bank Park …
Apr 19, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
The Marlins are off to a 3-10 start, and Mike Redmond is reportedly on the hot seat.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
The 26-year-old d’Arnaud had a terrific second half last season for New York and he was off to a very promising start in 2015, hitting .317/.356/.537 with two home runs and 10 RBI in 11 games played.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
Brutal news here for the NL East-leading Mets.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
The Marlins are off to a disappointing 3-8 start this season and slugger Giancarlo Stanton doesn’t like what he has seen.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:51 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the exploits of Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
Dollar for dollar, this starter gives his team more value than just about anyone.
Apr 16, 2015, 8:34 PM EDT
It took until his 10th game, but Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton finally collected his first home run of the season with an opposite-field two-run blast against Mets right-hander Dillon Gee this evening.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
Not bad for a guy the Dodgers basically paid the Marlins to take off their hands.
Apr 15, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
“Honestly, it’s whatever I feel like doing.”
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 14, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
Marlins outfielder Christian Yelich has been scratched from the starting lineup for Tuesday night’s game against the Braves because of tightness in his back. Ichiro Suzuki will get the start in left field …
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 12, 2015, 6:35 PM EDT
The Marlins are hoping for some good news as Henderson Alvarez is having an MRI on his right elbow following Sunday’s start.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Dee Gordon and Mat Latos found an elaborate way to celebrate Christian Yelich’s walk-off single on Friday night.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 8, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Defensive play of the year so far.
Apr 8, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT
Mat Latos did not have the greatest new-team debut last night.
Apr 7, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Mat Latos is not off to a promising start in Miami.
MLB investigation shows Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart illegally gambled on sports, but did not bet on baseball
Apr 3, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
So much for those claims of being “hacked” last week.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)