Mar 6, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Kotchman was the Angels’ first-round pick in 2001 and played 10 seasons in the majors for seven different teams, most recently with the Marlins in 2013.
Feb 28, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton had his season come to an end in horrific fashion last September when he suffered facial fractures and dental damage on a hit-by-pitch.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:04 AM EST
The Marins are protecting their investment.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:02 AM EST
From this week’s cover of Sports Illustrated
Feb 23, 2015, 7:08 AM EST
As history has shown, however, it’s often difficult for managers who quit to get back into baseball.
Feb 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EST
Mat Latos thinks a veteran presence can tie a young team together and pointed to the 2012 and ’13 Reds teams as examples.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EST
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 20, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
If Latos invites you to a cookout: say no.
Feb 17, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
He got into 113 games for the Marlins last year despite producing a .614 OPS.
Feb 13, 2015, 12:20 PM EST
That means Phelps will be paid $1.4 million instead of $1.85 million.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP balloting last season.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 8, 2015, 7:51 PM EST
The Marlins and reliever Mike Dunn agreed on a two-year deal Sunday, avoiding arbitration.
Feb 8, 2015, 4:25 PM EST
It appears the Marlins are going to lose out on James Shields despite making a strong effort to sign the free agent starter. Now the club’s focus looks to be shifting to a different type of late-offseason addition.
Feb 7, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
The Reds will see if Kevin Gregg has anything to offer as they signed him to a minor league contract on Saturday.
Feb 5, 2015, 12:16 PM EST
That means Latos will make $9.4 million in his final season before free agency, rather than the $10.4 million he requested.
Feb 2, 2015, 2:15 PM EST
Stanton signed a $325 million contract extension in November and has been cleared for all physical activity.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
At age 41 he’ll be joining the Marlins in a backup role, playing behind starting outfielders Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna, and Christian Yelich.
Jan 21, 2015, 9:12 AM EST
They could have their ace for more than half the season if things go right.
Jan 21, 2015, 12:06 AM EST
To prepare for his return to the Yankees after missing the entire 2014 season while serving out a 162-game PED suspension, Alex Rodriguez has enlisted the help of baseball’s home run king (and central figure of the “steroid era”) — Barry Bonds.
Jan 19, 2015, 4:09 PM EST
Kevin Gregg is attempting to show teams he still has gas left in the tank, as he’s showcasing his arm for about 15 teams in Tempe, Arizona.
Jan 19, 2015, 8:02 AM EST
Many awards were handed out at the 57th annual St. Louis BBWAA Dinner on Sunday night, but it was an informal one from Bud Selig that really stood out.
Jan 17, 2015, 1:20 PM EST
The Marlins already have Giancarlo Stanton, Christian Yelich, and Marcell Ozuna in-house, so they are looking at Suzuki as a fourth outfielder.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 16, 2015, 12:17 PM EST
He’ll take over in left field.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)