May 30, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Hechavarria injured his left shoulder in a collision with teammate Christian Yelich on Friday night.
May 29, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The Mets will be without catcher Travis d’Arnaud a little while longer due to a bone bruise in his wrist.
May 26, 2015, 1:48 PM EDT
Signed to a two-year, $16 million deal this offseason, Morse has hit just .211 with two homers and a .557 OPS in 37 games.
May 25, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
We usually post videos of Giancarlo Stanton hitting long home runs because he has a penchant for doing that on a regular basis and it’s a lot of fun to marvel over them. However, he can also get it done with the glove.
May 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Mike Scioscia ran Mike Napoli out of Anaheim. Napoli has beaten the hell out of the Angels ever since.
May 24, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
Miami defeated Baltimore to snap an eight-game losing streak late Saturday night on a Martin Prado walkoff RBI single in the bottom of the 13th inning.
May 23, 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
Brian Matusz is the second lefty reliever to be ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm.
May 23, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
The Marlins were considering upgrading their bullpen with Jonathan Papelbon.
May 23, 2015, 11:43 AM EDT
Things are really ugly with the Marlins right now, both on and off the field.
May 23, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
The Marlins have lost eight games in a row and are now 0-5 under new manager Dan Jennings, but at least Dee Gordon is doing some cool things.
May 22, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Bad news for the reeling Marlins: starters Mat Latos and Henderson Alvarez both will take at least a couple of weeks off due to injuries.
May 22, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Ichiro Suzuki may be close to the end of a brilliant career, but he’s not done moving up baseball’s all-time leaderboards.
May 21, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
The Cubs are reportedly one of several teams who have looked into signing Soriano.
May 21, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Howard homered in back-to-back games at Coors Field and is now up to nine home runs on the season.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 19, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Among all MLB shortstops since 2000 he ranks fourth in Wins Above Replacement.
May 19, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Masset was DFA’d by the Marlins three days ago.
May 18, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The first night of the Dan Jennings experiment ended in a loss.
May 18, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
That, allegedly, Jeff Loria had nothing to do with.
May 17, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT
Back to your regularly-scheduled programming.
May 17, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
The 25-year-old right-hander will take the bump in Sunday ‘s series finale against the visiting Braves as Miami looks to avoid a three-game sweep.
May 16, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
The Marlins needed to make room for Henderson Alvarez, so they designated Nick Masset for assignment.
May 16, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
If you’re going to hit your first career home run, why not make it a grand slam?
May 16, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
Another day, another massive home run from Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton.
May 16, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez went down last month with shoulder inflammation, but he’s set to return Sunday against the Braves.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 1
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 24
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (112)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)