Mar 28, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Let Marlins outfielder Ichiro Suzuki tell you how being a free agent is like being a puppy in a pet shop.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
It doesn’t seem like the Nationals and Jordan Zimmermann will reach an agreement on a contract extension before the regular season begins.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Mar 25, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Cosart deleted his account after some exchanges which suggested he “bets LARGE.”
Mar 23, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Hand is out of minor-league options.
Mar 22, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
It was reported last week that the Marlins had reached agreement on a long-term contract extension with young outfielder Christian Yelich and now the deal has been made official.
Mar 21, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
The Rangers could address their pitching depth on two fronts with a trade with the Marlins.
Mar 19, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Do the Marlins have what it takes to contend for the NL Wild Card in 2015?
Mar 18, 2015, 8:34 PM EDT
Stanton is now sporting an .884 OPS in 21 at-bats this spring.
Mar 18, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
More than $40 million in guaranteed money.
Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a host of changes with their front office and their roster, but will it get them over the hump in October?
Mar 16, 2015, 4:36 PM EDT
Big name. Small chance to reach the majors again.
Mar 16, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
Tony Cingrani was very impressive starting games for the Reds as a 23-year-old rookie in 2013.
Mar 6, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Kotchman was the Angels’ first-round pick in 2001 and played 10 seasons in the majors for seven different teams, most recently with the Marlins in 2013.
Feb 28, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton had his season come to an end in horrific fashion last September when he suffered facial fractures and dental damage on a hit-by-pitch.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
The Marins are protecting their investment.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
From this week’s cover of Sports Illustrated
Feb 23, 2015, 7:08 AM EDT
As history has shown, however, it’s often difficult for managers who quit to get back into baseball.
Feb 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Mat Latos thinks a veteran presence can tie a young team together and pointed to the 2012 and ’13 Reds teams as examples.
Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
As usual, teams in general won at a slightly better rate than players in arbitration hearings. 2014 saw the most arbitration hearings since 2001.
Feb 20, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
If Latos invites you to a cookout: say no.
Feb 17, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
He got into 113 games for the Marlins last year despite producing a .614 OPS.
Feb 13, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
That means Phelps will be paid $1.4 million instead of $1.85 million.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP balloting last season.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)