Aug 28, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Pedro Martinez is one of the smartest baseball players in living memory, but he’s sniffing up the wrong tree here.
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 19, 2015, 9:29 AM EDT
Or, at the very least, a man with a sick mind. I mean, he wants Manny Acta to manage the Tigers. Can you imagine?
Aug 12, 2015, 5:32 PM EDT
Out since July 3 with a strained calf.
Aug 11, 2015, 11:22 PM EDT
Cabrera has been on the disabled list since July 4. In his absence, the Tigers have fallen out of contention in both the AL Central and Wild Card race. They were sellers at the July 31 trade deadline and cut ties with longtime general manager Dave Dombrowski last week.
Aug 9, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera will take batting practice and run the bases on Tuesday, testing an injured left calf.
Aug 6, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
It’ll probably be too late to save their playoff chances.
Aug 4, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
After arriving in 2002, Dombrowski rebuilt an organization that was an utter dumpster fire.
Jul 21, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
There are no dynasties in baseball anymore. But the Tigers have been a mini-dynasty in the AL Central, having won it for the past four seasons. In the past two weeks, however, their aims have radically changed.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:18 AM EDT
Tigers president and general manager Dave Dombrowski is prepared to face the upcoming July 31 non-waiver trade deadline from the unfamiliar position of a seller.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Zack Greinke was impressive. Even if Bryce Harper wasn’t all that impressed.
Jul 16, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
At the risk of stating the obvious, the best player in baseball is having the best season in the American League.
Jul 15, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
Which big-name starting pitchers will contending teams go after the hardest between now and July 31?
Jul 15, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
A hurt Miguel Cabrera and a mess of a pitching staff should have the Tigers thinking “rebuild.” But there is no indication that they will.
Jul 15, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Few teams have underachieved like the Indians did in the first half. But there are a couple of reasons to think things will look brighter after the All-Star break.
Jul 14, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
First pitch is 8:15. Here is everything you need to know.
Jul 13, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Some interesting choices by managers Ned Yost and Bruce Bochy.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
Jul 6, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera’s fill-in?
Jul 6, 2015, 8:29 AM EDT
What a world we live in these days.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
Find out who made the starting rosters for the AL and NL squads in the 2015 All-Star Game. Spoiler: no Omar Infante.
Jul 4, 2015, 3:18 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera is going to be missed while he’s out with a Grade 3 strain of his left calf, but the Tigers are getting by just fine so far this afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
The Tigers have no great internal options to replace Miguel Cabrera and not much with which to trade.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:42 AM EDT
Cabrera is headed to the disabled list for the first time in his 13-year major league career.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera suffered a calf injury after a single in the fourth inning on Friday against the Blue Jays.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)