Feb 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
He’s not in camp yet, but he’s been hitting at home and tells his manager that he’s pain-free.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 18, 2015, 3:32 PM EST
It’s still possible that the Tigers’ slugger will be ready for Opening Day.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:05 AM EST
Sports fandom, Wampeters, Foma and Granfalloons
Feb 12, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera’s status for Opening Day is in question as he makes his way back from surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture in his foot, but the Tigers hope to have more clarity on his timetable soon.
Feb 5, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
He has been compared to Miguel Cabrera. Now he has something else in common with the guy.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
The lack of a DH and the health of Miguel Cabrera are the determining factors.
Jan 24, 2015, 2:40 PM EST
From the start, even in those turbulent times, even though Chicago was finding its way in a changing America, people in Chicago did not see the color of his skin. From the start, Chicago loved Ernie Banks.
Jan 12, 2015, 3:05 PM EST
Opening Day could still happen, though.
Jan 10, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera underwent surgery last October to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture in his foot.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
The Stanton deal is huge. But don’t listen to those who claim it is insane.
Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins
Nov 14, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
Biggest contract in baseball history.
Nov 14, 2014, 8:42 AM EST
Will he turn down the largest contract in baseball history?
Nov 13, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Mike Trout is, at long last, the American League’s Most Valuable Player.
Nov 13, 2014, 5:22 PM EST
Is this real life?
Nov 12, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal says it’ll be another four-year contract.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
We learned yesterday that Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera underwent surgery on Wednesday to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture to the navicular bone in his foot. Everyone was caught off guard by the extent of his injuries.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
For the second straight year we realize that Miguel Cabrera finished the season in way more pain than the Tigers had let on.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Hint: he doesn’t think it’s Buster Posey.
Oct 18, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Russell will serve as a special assistant to new Diamondbacks senior VP of baseball operations De Jon Watson.
Oct 7, 2014, 11:39 PM EST
NLDS Game 4 between the Nationals and Giants is tied at 2-2 heading into the top of the eighth.
Oct 6, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
Only Mickey Mantle, Miguel Cabrera, and Andruw Jones have hit more (four) before turning 22 years old.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
David Waldstein of the New York Times explains post-season shares and how important they can be to many involved with a playoff team.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)