Aug 24, 2015, 6:21 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion and the Blue Jays bash their way back into first place.
Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 19, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
All three homers were surrendered by Mariners reliever Joe Beimel, who told MLB.com’s Greg Johns after the 7-2 loss that he felt a “grabbing” sensation in his left arm during the appearance.
Aug 7, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
The Rangers are adding a right-handed power bat in Mike Napoli, something they were sorely lacking.
Jul 26, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
The Pirates are looking to the floundering Red Sox, namely Mike Napoli and Shane Victorino.
Jul 10, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz only lasted 3 1/3 innings against the Yankees on Friday despite having pitched well.
Jul 1, 2015, 8:07 AM EDT
It seems that if you battle with Mike Scioscia, you’re going to lose.
Jun 5, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT
Ambidextrous pitcher Pat Venditte made his major league debut for the Athletics on Friday night, facing the Red Sox.
Jun 5, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s box scores and recaps…
May 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Mike Scioscia ran Mike Napoli out of Anaheim. Napoli has beaten the hell out of the Angels ever since.
May 20, 2015, 6:38 AM EDT
A walkoff win in Washington has the Nats in first place.
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
Apr 11, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez will be in an unfamiliar position to start Saturday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:31 AM EDT
Details from the longest game in Red Sox history.
Jan 25, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNewEngland.com shares the gory details about the painful facial surgery that Mike Napoli had earlier this offseason to help end his long battle with sleep apnea …
Jan 11, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Red Sox fans are likely to see Hanley Ramirez cleaning up in the batting order in 2015.
Nov 24, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
It could happen. It could happen as early as today, folks.
Nov 4, 2014, 10:56 PM EDT
From CSNNewEngland.com comes word that Red Sox first baseman Mike Napoli underwent a procedure Tuesday at Massachussetts General Hospital designed to correct his sleep apnea.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
They’re literally going to cut his jaw bone and move the dang thing forward.
Sep 7, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
Mike Napoli made an early exit from Saturday’s 4-3 win over the Blue Jays after falling ill and is not in the Red Sox starting lineup for Sunday’s series finale. Allen Craig will start at first base and Yoenis Cespedes will DH.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Napoli became just the eighth visiting player to hit a homer into the fifth deck at Rogers Centre in the ballpark’s 26-year history.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
Garrett Richards is working on something special against the Red Sox in his Saturday night start at home.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
For the second time in 22 months, Ben Cherington must find a way to turn a last place team into a winner — and fast.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 23
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 28
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on 15-day disabled list with right shoulder discomfort 1
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)