Aug 31, 2015, 7:53 PM EDT
Kiermaier makes a leaping catch to rob Manny Machado of a home run.
Aug 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Jake Arrieta looked great last night. At least during his no-hitter. Afterward? Well, at least he looked comfortable.
Aug 29, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
Well done by the Trouts and the Angels.
Aug 26, 2015, 9:26 PM EDT
It is August 26, 2015 and Justin Verlander has a no-hitter going against the Mike Trout-led Angels.
Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 AM EDT
Apparently Carlos Gomez doesn’t play the game the right way. Such a criticism would have more weight from a team that didn’t get beat by 14 runs. I mean, how is THAT playing correctly?
Aug 23, 2015, 8:54 AM EDT
Your box scores and AP recaps from Saturday …
Aug 10, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
The Blue Jays sweep the Yankees, Buck Showalter leaves me scratching my head and I get to use the word “boner” for an actual baseball purpose.
Aug 8, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
He’s done so on 12.5% of his birthdays, lifetime.
Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Luis Severino made his big legaue debut and pitched well but lost. Matt Boyd made his Tigers debut, pitched well and won. There were a bunch of walkoffs too. And what do Ryan Adams and Taylor Swift have to do with any of this?
Aug 1, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Saturday’s game marks the first time in MLB history that two reigning MVPs have squared off against each other.
Jul 30, 2015, 6:32 PM EDT
Angels slugger Mike Trout is back in tonight’s lineup against the Astros after missing two games with left wrist inflammation.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
An MRI taken Tuesday ruled out anything serious, but Trout does have a bit of wrist inflammation.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Your mileage may vary, but for my money the ugliest game of the year happened last night.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
Angels center fielder Mike Trout went 4-for-4 with two homers and five RBI in Sunday’s series finale against the Rangers, but he also suffered a left wrist injury in that game when he tried to make a diving catch …
Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A monster day for the young — Mike Trout — and for the old — David Ortiz.
Jul 26, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Mike Trout: still good at baseball.
Jul 26, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Future Hall of Famer Albert Pujols joins yet another elite group.
Jul 22, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Twins slugger Miguel Sano suffered a sprained right ankle last Saturday in Oakland and hasn’t played since. Or, hadn’t played since.
Jul 22, 2015, 7:17 PM EDT
Angels center fielder Mike Trout missed his first game of the 2015 season on Tuesday night against the Twins because of soreness in his left heel. But he claimed it was only a minor issue and he is back in …
Jul 21, 2015, 7:51 PM EDT
Albert Pujols was initially going to get a night off Tuesday against the visiting Twins, but the Angels didn’t want to play a game against a contending team with a combined 57 home runs sitting on the bench.
Jul 21, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
Albert Pujols hit three homers in the Angels doubleheader, passing Mike Trout for the AL lead and passing Mike Schmidt on the all-time list.
Jul 18, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
Just lead him off already.
Jul 18, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Tigers outfielder J.D. Martinez got it done in the field and at the plate in last night’s win over the Orioles.
Jul 18, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Anaheim’s second hit of the game was the only one that mattered.
Jul 16, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
At the risk of stating the obvious, the best player in baseball is having the best season in the American League.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 4
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 129
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (130)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)