Apr 17, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Mike Trout became the youngest to join the 100/100 club with a two-run home run on Friday night.
The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract
Apr 16, 2015, 11:07 AM EDT
It appears as if Major League Baseball is trying to unilaterally re-write the Joint Drug Agreement. Again.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 14, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
Brantley played Opening Day, sat out two games, returned for one game Friday, and is now out of the lineup for a third straight game.
Apr 12, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura apparently wasn’t happy with what Mike Trout shouted after scoring the Angels’ second run in a 7-2 game in the sixth inning.
Apr 10, 2015, 10:43 PM EDT
The Angels appear to be trying to throw Hamilton under the bus. But they don’t have a legal basis to do it.
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Apr 6, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Before that homer Trout was a career .367 hitter with a 1.022 OPS in 54 plate appearances against King Felix.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
Two baseball superstars put their talented display in spring training action on Saturday afternoon.
Mar 20, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
He can also play ball a little bit.
Mar 18, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
With Trout, all things are possible.
Mar 18, 2015, 6:18 AM EDT
Adam Jones is a fine baseball player, but making a head-to-head comp between him and Trout and going with Jones is . . . special.
Mar 17, 2015, 7:27 PM EDT
Mike Trout was doing Mike Trout things Tuesday in Arizona.
Mar 12, 2015, 6:46 PM EDT
Ferrell picked it up cleanly and hit the cut-off man. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 19, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
A pretty SABR-savvy move for a manager not often lauded as SABR-savvy.
Jan 5, 2015, 6:19 AM EDT
There are other sports besides baseball apparently. Who knew?
Dec 13, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Could 2015 be Ian Desmond’s final season with the Nationals?
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Nov 17, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
Tyrell Jenkins and Jordan Walden, too.
Nov 13, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Mike Trout is, at long last, the American League’s Most Valuable Player.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)